Opinions on this case..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've got one of them for my G2. The added girth is negligible and it was cheap and adds just enough of a lip on the front to where the glass doesn't touch anything when placed face down. Did I mention it was inexpensive?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Yeah price is solid...and great case...I got a tech21 smoked case for G2 I used for a few weeks..if you want it let me know it's sitting collecting dust..lol

M8 tap'd

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I've got one of them for my G2. The added girth is negligible and it was cheap and adds just enough of a lip on the front to where the glass doesn't touch anything when placed face down. Did I mention it was inexpensive?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

The pink one on my wife's G2 lost its pink. Its sort of smokey greyish pink looking now. Other than that, its a solid case.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Yeah price is solid...and great case...I got a tech21 smoked case for G2 I used for a few weeks..if you want it let me know it's sitting collecting dust..lol

M8 tap'd
Geez. I had no idea that Tech21 was making the cases for anything other than iPhones. I found the one for the LG G3. Now I'm thinking very seriously of dropping the cash. I've always wanted a Tech21 case ever since I saw their first demonstration off the second story of their apartment complex. DroidModderX did a review of the tactical case for the S5. Its the same case that they are selling for the G3.

Here's the original video that got me interested in them.

Yup. I'm going to do it. Picking up this case now.
http://www.tech21.com/impact-tactical-case-lg-g3/

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Now I'm changing my mind. I really don't want to pay the $15 for shipping from the UK. I'm sure it'll be in Amazon before long. For now, holding off on ordering it...

I'm with ya ...I don't want to pay the shipping ...I never see them on Amazon either ..the best place I've had success with them is T-Mobile...they usually carry in store ...bestbuy has them but only for iPhone

M8 tap'd

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I'll give it a few weeks then check back with Amazon and FleaBay. If it doesn't show up at those two places, I might bite the bullet and pay the extra $15 for shipping.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I went with the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K33MVRE/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 mainly becasue I am cheap. I will post pics when I get phone and case.

No offense intended but that attitude bugs me.
"I got a $600 device but I'm too cheap to spend more then $11 on a case for it..."
Really?? You can't spend $30 on a nice case??

And before you jump on me for being rude I am speaking FROM EXPERIENCE. Paid $500 for my wife's iPad2. Bought a $20 case. And a few months later I broke, not broke... SHATTERED... the screen as a direct result of buying a cheap case. I flipped it over in my hand and it had a lousy latch on it.... unlatched and the iPad FLEW out and landed, of course, face down.
Never again.
Spent $50 on the next case (and it was $100, I got it for half price).

*tip* Don't cheap out

JMoran

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I found the LG G3 Tech21 (http://www.tech21.com/impact-tactical-case-lg-g3/) case at T-Mobile today (Last one at the store I visited). Best Buy is now listing it on their site for pre-orders.

So, for the Tech21 case, you have the T-Mobile option today, Best Buy soonish. So don't pay the $15 for shipping which will take 5-8 days anyway as it needs to go oversees.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
No offense intended but that attitude bugs me.
"I got a $600 device but I'm too cheap to spend more then $11 on a case for it..."
Really?? You can't spend $30 on a nice case??

And before you jump on me for being rude I am speaking FROM EXPERIENCE. Paid $500 for my wife's iPad2. Bought a $20 case. And a few months later I broke, not broke... SHATTERED... the screen as a direct result of buying a cheap case. I flipped it over in my hand and it had a lousy latch on it.... unlatched and the iPad FLEW out and landed, of course, face down.
Never again.
Spent $50 on the next case (and it was $100, I got it for half price).

*tip* Don't cheap out

No Offense taken. You get what you pay for, that is a fact in life.

For my wife and son, I usually get the Otterboxes, damn be the cost or size because their handling of devices. I, on the other hand, am a little particular about handling my stuff so, the case is more for preventing the daily wear and tear, and not daily drops. Yes accidents happen, but that's why you have insurance. I understand the economy and risks involved and make a choice, i am an adult. Maybe Cheap was not the term, Frugal is more my attitude. The Spigen cases are not cheaply made from what I can tell, rather I opted for the case that fit my requirements in terms of protection, build quality, style and price.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I found the LG G3 Tech21 (http://www.tech21.com/impact-tactical-case-lg-g3/) case at T-Mobile today (Last one at the store I visited). Best Buy is now listing it on their site for pre-orders.

So, for the Tech21 case, you have the T-Mobile option today, Best Buy soonish. So don't pay the $15 for shipping which will take 5-8 days anyway as it needs to go oversees.
I went ahead and paid the additional $15 in shipping. Figured what the heck. It's only money and I do want to protect this $600 investment.

mgrande

Reaction score
I got my order of cases and screen protector today. All spigen. I was originally worried that the slim armor case would be too big so I also ordered the minimal one (quick fit?) with plans to return the one I didn't like. The slim armor case didn't add much size at all and I would definitely rock it but it wasn't as grippy as the quick fit one which I can't even tell it's on there other than the added grip. As for the glass screen protector, it was easy to put on and I also can't tell it's there either.