Opinions on Screen protectors and cases

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Tom K, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +23
    yup that's the one I got. its great, no bubbles, no problems.

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

2. eNomineZerum

eNomineZerum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just have to throw in the bodyglove that VZW stocks. I won't say its the end all be all case; that's left for Otterbox, but it serves me well. It has a built in clip that can be exchanged for a plug if you just want to pocket your device. The case also has a good rubberized coating with a nice sculpted feel. It no longer has creases, like the Droid 1 verzion, that would eventually peel. Overall I love it. It fits over my ZAGG full body skin.

The Zagg skin is for the weekends when I want to show it off, the Body Glove is for the week when I work in a harware store.

The only issue I have is that with the clip the screen faces outwards which is deadly if you nail a corner with the device; however the Gorilla Glass screen is really resiliant and this shouldn't be an issue to most.

Best of all you can go to your local VZW store and try on cases all day... I did in order to find this one, it also retails for $29.99

By the name of Zero

3. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't tried the bodyglove for the Droid2, but I had one on my old envTouch, and I will say that they're the best I've tried so far for actual protection (haven't gotten my hands on an otterbox yet). They're THICK, HARD plastic with a rubber coating. The inside of the cases is usually soft touch felt (the one thing my seidio innocase is lacking). They are DURABLE. I literally threw my phone 15-20 feet in the air (it was a flip open QWERTY, had it open in my hand, slipped on some ice, FRISBEE) and not a scratch on it.

4. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I've tried the Body Glove for the D2G and the description above is accurate, with emphasis on the THICK part. It is durable and will protect your phone, but WAY too bulky for my taste. Having used the Seidio Innocase and the Body Glove extensively, I recommend the Innocase.

5. William_04_x

William_04_x Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I just got a Commuter Series Otterbox a couple of days ago. It's a lot nicer than the hard plastic shells they sell at the mall.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

6. jmdale1984

jmdale1984 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've used a Seidio Innocase on my old Droid and now on my D2G. I even had to pay $41 to have mine shipped from the manufacturer (instead of $23 on Amazon), and it was still well worth it. Beautiful in red, great texture, nice and compact. I had purchased a shiny blue case from Verizon to tide me over until I got my innocase, and that thing sucked. It made me drop the phone, interfered with the keyboard, and was a poor fit.