Solved Opinions on G7 ThinQ and LG phones in general

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm thinking about switching from VZ to T-Mo and my phone of choice, Motorola, isn't an option. I know about buying an unlocked phone but the deals they have going are pretty good. I've never had an LG. I've only dealt with Moto, HTC, and Samsung. So how are LG phones, specifically the Thin Q as far as built quality and reliability? I know the specs match up with the S9. Thanks for your opinions.

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I seriously considered getting an lg phone last year. the only reason I did not get it was the release date was months after the announcement. Look like the thin q is getting good reviews. I think it is worth considering.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I seriously considered getting an lg phone last year. the only reason I did not get it was the release date was months after the announcement. Look like the thin q is getting good reviews. I think it is worth considering.
Thanks

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've been using it daily ... I think it's a great phone... quality build is solid and ticks all the right boxes... last LG phone I had was G4 so this is definitely a step up big time... I just for the July security update...

LG G7

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I've been reading the reviews and between those and your comments in here I'm liking this phone. My only concern is the glass back. Should I be worried? I will have it in a case. My Droid Z is aluminum and its nice.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I've been reading the reviews and between those and your comments in here I'm liking this phone. My only concern is the glass back. Should I be worried? I will have it in a case. My Droid Z is aluminum and its nice.

a lot of phones have glass backs these days. should have no problems if using a case.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Sounds good then.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I have it with the slim case no issues at all.. it's feels sturdy enough for my usage
tapatalk_1528631402665.jpeg

LG G7

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not a huge fan of LG (have nothing against them either...I'm neutral), but that is one sweet looking phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I know it varies from carrier to carrier but how much LG bloat was there? We'll be using t-mobile if we switch.

Last edited:
OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I don't see a while lot of T-Mo bloat. Most of it is LG. That's not too bad. Package disabled looks good. I might get that. That's my one complaint with Samsung. To much bloat. That would help above and beyond just disabling some apps.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I don't see a while lot of T-Mo bloat. Most of it is LG. That's not too bad. Package disabled looks good. I might get that. That's my one complaint with Samsung. To much bloat. That would help above and beyond just disabling some apps.

I tend to agree, too much bloat. mostly similar apps as those that came with android. don't know why they won't let you uninstall one.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I keep a couple of the T-Mobile ones I like but not many at all... and welcome to the T-Mobile family...

LG G7