Opinionated Difference between FRG01B, FRG22, FRG22D

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Bxrider117, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

I am currently running the Rooted version of FRG22. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Rooted version of FRG22D. Prior to FRG22, I was using FRG01B. I felt I saw a slight difference in speed between the those two. Has anyone tried the latest Android version (22D) and have you noticed any difference between the others.

I do realize that the newest version enables you to download Adobe from the market, that is not the answer I am looking for. I want some opinions. Thanks.
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

If anyone ran the stock versions of these 3 builds noticed even the slightest difference in performance between them they are experiencing a placebo effect.

I noticed zero, nadda, nothing as would be expected.

Sent from my Droid
  3. astaccz

astaccz New Member

I tried all three stock and custom roms of both. Right now I'm currently running stock frg22d from the ota. And stock kernel. Frg22d is very fast indeed. Way faster than frg01b.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. keeseckb

keeseckb New Member

I was on a rooted and unrooted FRG01b and just got the rooted FRG22D and wow, what a difference. Exchange now works, battery lasts more than a day, phone is nowhere near as buggy, seems faster and doesn't foreclose on random apps. This seems to be the version Verizon should have released in the first place.
  5. log

log New Member

Just curious what version of FRG22D are you using? Did you manage to root the OTA version, or did you install a rooted FRG22D ROM?
  6. cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05 New Member

Ive been running Rooted FR01B for about 2 weeks now, my co-worker got the FRG22D yesterday. I really dont see much of any difference.
  7. keeseckb

keeseckb New Member

I installed the P3droid rooted FRG22D rom.
  8. blackhat

blackhat New Member

FRG22D regardless of custom rom or official release has the best battery life out of all of them.
  9. droiddadi

droiddadi New Member

Exchange works perfect on FRG22D. slightly better battery life. Btw this is on CM6 which is FRG22D based + source.
  10. donerico

donerico New Member

Does exchange in the setup you are using requires you to enter the 4-number PIN every time you wake up your phone? I am considering rooting and going back to FRG01B for this reason. (my exchange server does not enforce a password, but stock FRG22D insists on it). I would like to use the new FRG22D-based ROMs, but I need to get away from having to enter a PIN every time. I have not found a solution to this anywhere, other than reverting to FRG01B (I know there is a little patch for FRG22D that someone posted but it is not clear it works with every ROM)
  11. Miniblue

Miniblue New Member

With four stock D1's and one rooted at work we are not required any additional steps to unlock the phones. No PIN necessary. Two stock & one rooted are using MyLock and don't even have to swipe to wake phone.

Is anyone else without the "great security" feature?

Thanks,