opinion

phil1166

Reaction score
My upgrade is finally upon me. What's the best android phone on the market now??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Umm... best is subjective... you have the bolt now... check out the DNA..it has a small battery and you can't add a micro HD card... but it's got a quad core s4 processor... its a beast in most benchmarks..

But then there's the Samsung galaxy note 2.. 3100mAh battery, tons of features. Has jelly bean.

Also the razr maxx HD, 3300mAh battery, soon to have jellybean. Great build. Awesome radios.

There's also the windows phone that's been released... it appears to be solid..

And several others :)

AI19

Reaction score
Why is there another HTC phone in the equation?? Haven't any of you tbolt users learned your lesson? Trash ass company, I'll never consider another HTC phone ever again...ps can't wait to get my note 2 :D

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The thunderbolt had problems on release...I think mainly because that and the bionic were the first major flagship phones to feature 4g and they were rushed to launch. As far as htc is concerned, I never had problems with my dinc...loved that phone. And my son has had no problems with his rezound. I think his rezound performed as good and better in some respects (camera) as my Razr Maxx. On the other hand the Samsung Charge also had several problems and got a very bad rap (although my Charge did great) but I wouldn't take all Samsung products off my radar. I think the HTC DNA is going to prove to be a great contender and if it had removable storage and a bigger battery, I think it would fly.

Sherry

Reaction score
I really was concerned about buying a DNA but looked at my storage on my Thunderbolt and at my original Droid. On neither did I use a great deal of storage. I don't store videos or a lot of music. The battery did concern me since I am a heavy user otherwise. So far I am getting about 11 hours on normal and about 7 on heavy use. I bought one of the "portable chargers" and it is sitting in my purse and has never been used. I live in the mountains of NC and while driving and working between 3 counties am not in a consistent service area and run between 1x and 4G. All this being said, I am happy with my choice.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I really was concerned about buying a DNA but looked at my storage on my Thunderbolt and at my original Droid. On neither did I use a great deal of storage. I don't store videos or a lot of music. The battery did concern me since I am a heavy user otherwise. So far I am getting about 11 hours on normal and about 7 on heavy use. I bought one of the "portable chargers" and it is sitting in my purse and has never been used. I live in the mountains of NC and while driving and working between 3 counties am not in a consistent service area and run between 1x and 4G. All this being said, I am happy with my choice.
Well us guys don't carry purses :p

wardo

Reaction score
Samsung gs3,
Samsung note 2
Dha and HTC can kiss my butt.

tap a talka thingy

armeddroid

Reaction score
HTC make great phones and they still do. Their hardware quality is really on point.
The DNA is an awesome phone but its still a miss with only the 16GB option and non removable battery. The SD card option; i am now on the fence since SD cards can cause issues with your phones vs internal memory.
If the DNA was a 32Gb phone, i would go with that.

Galaxy series is nice but if i do, i will wait for the S4. The Note 2 is too big for me and the DNA was also kinda big but more practical for my usage.

Last edited:

Snoking

Reaction score
The question is, are non removable batteries part of a planned obsolescence of phones, thus getting more people to upgrade at the end of battery life? Chris