Opinion Wanted on alternative keyboard

sgrad

Reaction score
I am not happy with the standard keyboard on the Android Droid X phone. It does not have a backspace key. I came across the "EvoKeyboard.apk"
which was ported from HTC IME keyboard.
Has anyone tried it? If installed and not happy how do I uninstall. Same as any app I want to un-install?
Thanks
Happy New Year to All!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have used that keyboard and liked it except for the placement of the capatalize key. If you want to uninstall it you can do it just like any other app. Now what's this you say about the Droid x KB not having a backspace key?

tappin and a talkin

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
S

sgrad

Reaction score
opinion-wanted-alternative keyboard

The delete key removes all the letters in its path. I want something which can backspace over the correct letters to say where I want to change punctuation, spelling, etc. and not retype all the letters I just deleted. Is that possible with the default keyboard?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I see what your saying. I've been doing a lot of responding on my droid which has a D-pad for backing up and making corrections. You can drag the cursor to where you need to make the corrections on the touch screen, although its not quite as easy.

haagar

Reaction score
If you are using swype and swype from the swype key to the symbol key you will get arrows, page up/down etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jambanc

Reaction score
I have ultra keyboard and love it it has alot of goodies 2 many 2 list but it does have a cursor mover and resizable keys is what caught my attention it gives u it free 4 24 hours 2 try it and then I think it's like 3 bucks o yeah it has a number row 2 let me know what u think

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jml133

Reaction score
My cousin turned me onto SwiftKey. It has a trial period as well. It works well!

OP
S

sgrad

Reaction score
I will give it a try and let you know.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
My cousin turned me onto SwiftKey. It has a trial period as well. It works well!

I alternate between SwiftKey and Swype. Swype is great for portrait but a bit pointless in landscape. Also it's not consistent from release to release. SwiftKey is GREAT in landscape and after a bit of use the 'predictor' allows you to type whole sentences with just a few taps. It needs a 'calibration' feature though as mine tend to read low on my presses for some reason.