Opinion about a theme...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maybe I can get opionions here @ UD, becasue the BuglessBeast threads seem kinda inactive nowadays... just looking for feedback, suggestions, and/or criticisms... I would hope that there's more activiity here in the UD forums...lol ...

snap20101024225502.png

18513d1288034106-opinions-wanted-bronzfied-theme-snap20101025_084202.png
18514d1288034131-opinions-wanted-bronzfied-theme-snap20101025_090620.png
snap20101024225422.png

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure what type of feedback you are looking for but I think this is a very nice theme. Good job!

lsdozer

Reaction score
It isn't for me, but I have a general dislike of gold/bronze colors. I do like the gray/silver color of the notification bar and shading though. I even like the small accents of gold in the bar also.

For people who like the gold look, its spot on.

Lewis

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think it looks good for what it is. If I liked that color scheme I would definately try it out! I know it's minor but, I would change out the phone's "call time" color away from green.

I have a question for you though. I have been searching and searching (and asking) with no luck. What file is the font color for the contacts in? I have been wanting to change mine away from white and I see you made yours gold/brown.

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what type of feedback you are looking for but I think this is a very nice theme. Good job!

I guess I just wanted to see what others thought, and it appears that they just don't like bronze??...lmao... I probably should just stick to doing NFL pulldowns because it's evident that my personal tastes aren't shared by others...:p LOL
It's just that I see some of the themes only change a couple things and slap a very colorful wallpaper on it and thought that some might enjoy more of a full transformation, but I think that this is a clear sign for me to just stick with the pulldowns and strictly only do themes for my personal enjoyment...;) Thanks for the feedback though...

I think it looks good for what it is. If I liked that color scheme I would definately try it out! I know it's minor but, I would change out the phone's "call time" color away from green.

I have a question for you though. I have been searching and searching (and asking) with no luck. What file is the font color for the contacts in? I have been wanting to change mine away from white and I see you made yours gold/brown.
Yeah the call time needs to change probably to black, just gotta find the XML that is controlling that and overriding the system font commands.... Still am finishing it up anyways, but that green ticker I agree with you on.
As for the font color of the contacts, I am controlling that via the framework values/colors XML, which doesn't appear to be able to override every instance... This Android XML is still pretty new to me, nothing like Windows Mobile XMLs... :icon_eek::)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks great, although I am not a fan of gold. But even still it looks so great that it makes me want it.

eclsnowman

Reaction score
Diggin the gold theme. Incall font as gold with that background looks kinda tough to read though. Nice to see gold getting some love.

I have always wanted to see a kick ass BumbleBee yellow and black theme. This is close, a slight shift from bronze to banana might do the trick.

Anyway keep on keeping on, and nice work.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I guess I just wanted to see what others thought, and it appears that they just don't like bronze??...lmao... I probably should just stick to doing NFL pulldowns because it's evident that my personal tastes aren't shared by others...:p LOL
It's just that I see some of the themes only change a couple things and slap a very colorful wallpaper on it and thought that some might enjoy more of a full transformation, but I think that this is a clear sign for me to just stick with the pulldowns and strictly only do themes for my personal enjoyment...;) Thanks for the feedback though...

Yeah the call time needs to change probably to black, just gotta find the XML that is controlling that and overriding the system font commands.... Still am finishing it up anyways, but that green ticker I agree with you on.
As for the font color of the contacts, I am controlling that via the framework values/colors XML, which doesn't appear to be able to override every instance... This Android XML is still pretty new to me, nothing like Windows Mobile XMLs... :icon_eek::)

Don't be so hard on yourself. There's probably 1000 lurkers for every 1 person taht posts. You may think 5 people like your theme and over 5,000 people download it. Ya never know.

As far as editing colors.xml, I was afraid to try that because it is systemwide. Did you have to edit a bunch of other stuff to avoid gold on gold, etc..?

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Don't be so hard on yourself. There's probably 1000 lurkers for every 1 person taht posts. You may think 5 people like your theme and over 5,000 people download it. Ya never know.

As far as editing colors.xml, I was afraid to try that because it is systemwide. Did you have to edit a bunch of other stuff to avoid gold on gold, etc..?

Yeah, that's the fine line to walk...trying to avoid the light bronze on light bronze potential...lol, but pretty easy to fix by changing a particular color code to a darker shade or darkening the shade of the background shade or PNG...;)
I'll tell you what's been a pain in the ass... it's that green font call timer on the ongoing call screen!!... edited the phone.apk XML and it stays friggin' green!! Not sure where else to look at this point??:icon_evil::icon_eek::p

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you sure it's in phone.apk? I know phone.apk and contacts,apk go hand in hand with each other when making/receiving calls. I think that's done to frustrate us. It might even be hiding in the framework, which, I am 99.9% sure the font color for just the contacts screen is hiding. Just dunno where.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And by the way , I have a gold theme. 24k Black Glass.... I know it's not the most popular of my colors BUT... there is one guy that loves it and he and I keep changing it to make it better. I know it's only 1 person but you know what... just that one guy with lots of niterest....It makes me love that theme and I don't care if it has 3 total downloads... his enthusiasm for it make me love it. So, keep on keeping on. I was thinking of making a brown theme. Why? Beacause no one else has. Will anyone use it? Probably not. But who cares, it's fun and I can claim it as my own and that to me means something as far as accomplishments go.

Point being, make your theme and publish it!!!

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I already have finished it, just did the complete transformation less than an hour ago... but I seriously doubt I'll be publishing it, although I considser mine more 'bronze' than gold, it seems that the color is not for everyone..... perhaps hot pink??...lmao
But I have always loved the softer earth tone of the bronze hex color codes, had it on my WinMobile Q9c as well... so this was all for me anyways and I am not going to waste my time and only change a few icons and a few background PNGs... but rather transform it as completely as I know how to at this point...embedded fonts and all;),......
and just thought others might like it as well, but based on the response I'm not going to waste my time. I'll just stick to my NFL pulldown Metamorphs...which all work perfectly with my themes BTW.

And as for the Phone and Contacts APKs, the phone.apk is more about the dialer no?... thus I'd be completely dumbfounded if the contacts apk would control the current call timer on the dialer...:p

@eclsnowman, agree with you about the "Incall font as gold with that background looks kinda tough to read though".... so I'll darkened the background on that, a little more.... and BTW, I still say it's more 'Bronze' than gold...lol:D

Last edited: