Opera For Tablet Teased Before Announcement

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;a1pnuXZVfyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1pnuXZVfyk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Opera for Tablets preview[/video]

Seems this year will be the year of teases and previews; with everyone doing just that, Opera wants to join the fun. In their recent attempt to get us excited for their CES presentation, Opera previewed what is to become their tablet version of Opera Mini (or is that Mobile). This browser is supposedly scaled correctly for the new line of tablets, and optimized so you get a fluid scroll and two finger zoom experience. The actual release will be sometime this week, so lookout for that.

Personally I think the Galaxy Tab needs this badly. I have been using it for about a week now and the stock Android browser is just not enough for this device and the 1 GHz processor is really not helping. So if Opera can deliver, which from the video it seems like they can, then I will be one happy Tab renter.

Source (Opera gives preview of its tablet browser | Android Central)

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
As long as it's better than their latest mobile releases... I have been disappointed, especially with the iPod browser.