1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

OpenVPN and Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by prochobo, Dec 21, 2009.

1. prochobo

prochobo New Member

OK, I've searched for hours, and hours, and hours. I'm fairly good at this kind of stuff and I can't seem to find anything about running OpenVPN on the Droid. Yes, there are apps out there, but those are just front-ends.

I cannot get the TUN/TAP module loaded because it doesn't exist. I saw this article which talks about an OpenVPN client connecting to Android, not an Android OpenVPN client: Linux + GNU = Humans Enabled: How to Tether your Verizon Droid (as an Internet modem) to Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10

Anyone have an OpenVPN client running on their Droid and care to share how?
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. mudtoe

mudtoe New Member

I'm looking for a way to get OpenVPN to work as well. I've rooted the phone, but I'm reluctant to just try to install OpenVPN the way I'd do it on Linux without having a way to take an image backup of the phone first, just in case, and more importantly a way to boot the phone in some sort of recovery environment in order to restore said image if I screwed up and bricked it.

mudtoe
  3. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Do you have a link for this. It was my understanding that a modified rom needed to be made with iptables inserted into it. So far to my knowledge this hasn't been done with Android 2.x
  4. prochobo

prochobo New Member

Search tags for this page

how to setup openvpn on android motorola phone

openvpn droidx

openvpn tether on android

openvpn tethering iptables