Opening emails, body goes white, disappears

pmdracer

Reaction score
My wife's Inc2 has an issue that every once in a while an email will come in (usually the important ones, right?) and she will open it, start reading then all of a sudden the body of the email will disappear. The from/to header is still there, but the message body is gone. Forwarding the email to something else comes up with the same blank email.

Ideas? Thanks in advance.

cookiejim

Reaction score
Has been happening to me as well. It is random, and I haven't seen any kind of pattern yet. It has happened on Yahoo and Zoho IMAP accounts. I haven't seen any kind of explanation yet.

Smur3

Reaction score
Me too, it just suddenly started happening (first with google alerts emails) crazy irritating. Where to go for fixes?

OP
P

pmdracer

Reaction score
For my wife, it is only an issue with Yahoo emails. They will open, she will see a 'stopwatch timer', and 5 seconds later the text is gone. If she goes to her desktop PC, the emails are there.

I configured the Yahoo email app just for opening those Yahoo emails. It's a B.S. situation, but it's a workaround for now.

damtrout

Reaction score
disappearing email content

I've been experiencing the same. Page turns blank white just after a stopwatch counts down for five seconds. I was able to retrieve it once or twice by going to options, clicking view conversation, but alas it disappears again. This is very frustrating. I too do not see a pattern

cookiejim

Reaction score
Switched emIl apps

I gave up looking for a workaround and downloaded k-9 email app. So far it has worked just fine.

Smur3

Reaction score
The fix that worked for me...

My situation may have been unique but the fix was easy. In my case, this was only happening to "Google Alerts" emails that I had Google delivering to my Yahoo inbox. Other stuff coming into the same Yahoo account was working normally. Someone here gave me the idea of using the Yahoo app to read the same emails (vs. stock android email app), which I discovered worked fine. Rather than having to check the same emails in two places, I just went to "manage my alerts" and changed the destination mailbox to my Google account, then added that account to the stock android email reader. Now the same messages come in and work perfectly. Maybe Google was trying to irritate someone having the nerve to use a Yahoo email account to deliver their Google Alerts! For me, it worked! Good luck to everyone else experiencing this strange situation.

Madhawk

Reaction score
Patterns

The only pattern that I have seen so far with this problem on my MT4G is that it seems to happen more often if the e-mail is large. It's also never disappeared on me unless I was actively scrolling. Sometimes, if I open a large e-mail and let it "sit" for a while, I don't have the problem. Maybe it has something to do with the app completing the download from the Yahoo! server.

Thanks to cookiejim for pointing out the Yahoo connection, I didn't think about that, but it's absolutely right. I haven't had this happen on any other e-mail except for my yahoo. I don't use Zoho, so I can't speak to that.

Anyway, try to give the yahoo emails about 10 seconds after opening them and see if it prevents a "blank out." Maybe with trial and error, we can figure it out and then google can fix it.

jcivet

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I had the same problem, but I guess this is not about phone model, mail sender/recipient or even mail client. This happened to me on K9 mail client as well as on Gmail. What fixed it was this: go to ROM Manager and then Fix Permissions. After (lengthy) procedure of fixing permissions, email body stopped disappearing.

Hope this helps.:icon_wink: