OP?

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Almost embarrassed to ask...

I just got the Droid Razr Maxx. What is the operating system and version? "Gingerbread?" Where on the phone can I find that info.? I tried looking under settings > about phone?

Thank you.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
under settings/about phone... and on some phones... it's under software version... or something similar... it's the android version... 2.3.x... is gingerbread...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It comes with Gingerbread. All of the information you're looking for is under Settings -> About phone. "Android version" is what you're looking for. It will say 2.3.?, and 2.3 means Gingerbread. The version depends on when your phone was actually boxed up, and will probably have a 5 or a 6 in place of that question mark.

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Thank you both! I guess I was specifically looking for a "Gingerbread" title and never took "Android" into consideration.

Thank you!

Steve

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thank you both! I guess I was specifically looking for a "Gingerbread" title and never took "Android" into consideration.

Thank you!

Steve

Gingerbread (2.3), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0), Honeycomb (3.0), Froyo (2.2), Eclair (2.1), etc. are kind of like nicknames given to the version numbers. You'll hear the names thrown around a lot more than the numbers because they tend to be catchier and easier for the public to remember, but they each correspond to a version number, and that version number is what gets used in most technical information.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Was I correct calling "Gingerbread" an operating system?

Android is the name of the operating system. Gingerbread is the name for a specific version of the operating system (version number 2.3.X to be exact).