oovoo for Droid 1?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten oovoo do work with the droid? I know it says it doesn't work but I can't believe that, I got it installed and it starts to connect but then cancels the video call. I'm trying to do this with my 2 droid 1 and my droid X.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say if they say it doesn't work, then it doesn't work....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Na, there's not much out there we haven't been able together working. When it comes to the Droid its never safe to say....

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Ok, well let us know when you get it working.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Wouldn't someone have to modify the apk for us to be able to use our back cameras since we don't have ffc?

tdawg2008

Reaction score
Never messed with oovoo but tango works wonderfully. Bad thing is you have to stand in a mirror but it works.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Do they make Tango for PC though?

yiannis

Reaction score
What are y'all talking about? I videochat (two-way) on my D1 (ROM: BB O.6.2.1) to friends and family at will.

One annoying thing is that the program stays open in the notification area even after you sign out and it will prompt you to sign in every few minutes. At the sign out screen just press the options button and exit the program.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
What are y'all talking about? I videochat (two-way) on my D1 (ROM: BB O.6.2.1) to friends and family at will.

One annoying thing is that the program stays open in the notification area even after you sign out and it will prompt you to sign in every few minutes. At the sign out screen just press the options button and exit the program.

What's the version number on the one you're using?

yiannis

Reaction score

What's the version number on the one you're using?

1.0 according to the "manage applications" info, beta according to the oovoo sign in page. Works well from phone to PC.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Hm, mine wouldn't even give me the option for a video call, just voice and IM.

yiannis

Reaction score
Hm, mine wouldn't even give me the option for a video call, just voice and IM.

I made a second account with my PC and it connects from the droid to the PC easily. I haven't tried phone to phone. Maybe it's something in the settings, or maybe the ROM I'm using has it enabled?

It's not extremely useful because the camera is on the opposite side of the mic, but it's interesting to show people on the other side of the world where you're at...

luminance

Reaction score
i just got the video call to work perfectly (sending and receiving), but there's no audio sending or receiving... hmmmm :)

cleave

Reaction score
How do you get the app on your phone when it's not available for D1?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App