OOPS! Need some help here!

Insidious

Reaction score
So i downloaded a mod from UOT kitchen and it said all you have to do is install the .zip via cwm so thats what i did. I rebooted and got a weird blue android boot logo so i was like crap. I wiped/factory resetted a couple times and now im bootlooping with my cm7 bootlogo (which is the rom im on) The thing is im low on data usage for my computer (i use verizon broadband) so i cant really afford to download big sbf files.... how would i fix this and if i need to sbf which sbf file would i use?:icon_eek:

A Nobody

Reaction score
So i downloaded a mod from UOT kitchen and it said all you have to do is install the .zip via cwm so thats what i did. I rebooted and got a weird blue android boot logo so i was like crap. I wiped/factory resetted a couple times and now im bootlooping with my cm7 bootlogo (which is the rom im on) The thing is im low on data usage for my computer (i use verizon broadband) so i cant really afford to download big sbf files.... how would i fix this and if i need to sbf which sbf file would i use?:icon_eek:

If you can get into cwr recovery you can install another rom. If not the only way is to sbf. I recommend getting tbh app that has the sbf in update.zip form.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
is it possible to boot into cwm recovery whilst bootlooping? numerous factory resets have brought me back to my cm7 boot animation but thats about it. im wondering if its possible to reflash cm7 but im not sure how i would go about doing that....

HavoC

Reaction score
is it possible to boot into cwm recovery whilst bootlooping? numerous factory resets have brought me back to my cm7 boot animation but thats about it. im wondering if its possible to reflash cm7 but im not sure how i would go about doing that....

I've been able to do it before, try pulling the battery, and then after re-inserting it, hold down x, and then hold the power button until the phone begins to boot again. Continue to hold x until the phone gets to recovery (hopefully clockwork, but possibly stock). If the phone continues to boot loop for more than a minute or two, and never enters recovery with you holding the x button, you will most likely have to .sbf

P.S. to anyone looking at this thread maybe you can help me with my issue (thin lines on left hand side of screen) located here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-rooted-help/163313-thin-lines-left-hand-side-screen.html

not to distract from the current discussion lol.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
i can boot into stock recovery but factory resets/wiping the cache partition doesnt seems to work :/

HavoC

Reaction score
hmm seems like something went wrong the last time you flashed a rom from clockwork, to get it out of the bootloops I think you're gonna have to sbf. If you get lucky, and it magically boots into clockword one of these times you could try re-flashing another rom or something, but again I think you're gonna have to sbf back to froyo.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Looks like i need to sbf!

can someone do me a favor and locate the correct sbf file? I'm running i think its nightly 22, 2.3.4 based cm7 on my d2g. I already have rsd lite/winzip/the moto drivers. Thanks.

HavoC

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=164495

How to get into clockwork recovery when phone bootlooping

That may help you, as far as the SBFs go, I didn't realize you were on a droid 2 global, I've only done this stuff on a regular droid 2, so I'm not sure ill be any good at verifying SBFs or anything like that. Hope you get this mess sorted out soon.

HavoC

Reaction score
I tried the tbh vzr or vrz 2.3.20 sbf that i had lying around a few months but that didnt work. is the the file i need to get?Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

Even tho I'm not familiar with SBFs for the Droid 2 Global, I took a look at that post and it looks legit to me. If that trick I posted doesn't work for ya I'd say go ahead and flash that SBF.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help!

Hey man thanks, youve really saved my butt. I'm going to wait for my data to reset and flash that sbf. But i'll give the adb shell a peek as well. Yeah these globals are crap. I miss my D2.... :(

HavoC

Reaction score
haha I have a regular droid 2 with a cracked lcd that id trade you for your global. I'm using it right now, the only visible signs of damage are two thin red and green lines along the left side of the screen, along with one small purple line that runs about a centimeter next to them, and the thin diagonal line in the corner where it apparently cracked. I don't expect you to want to trade lol just figured id mention it in case you hate your global that much. glad I could help you out some either way.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Haha part of me is reluctant to downloaded it though because i dont have tons of times. I really wish I could tell which one is the right one!