1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Only had the Droid for 2 months, now it'salready the old phone

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by greyghost04, Feb 3, 2010.

1. greyghost04

greyghost04 New Member

2. strobez395

strobez395 New Member

I feel like phones don't usually lose their hype as fast as this.. I was thinking this before you even posted that.
  3. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You do know the Devour is a step down from the Droid, right?
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Devour isn't as powerful as Droid. It's more of a replacement for the Cliq. Don't feel slighted :)
  5. backlash

backlash New Member

Welcome to the world of electronics. :( New stuff is constantly coming out, unfortunately if you try to keep up, you'll eventually go broke :p oh well.
  6. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

did you even bother to read the tech specs on the phone? first of all, it is running 1.6 with Blur... not 2.x... 1.6
    second off, the screen is 3.1" and the resolution is 320x480

not sure how the processor compares to be honest (Qualcomm MSM7627 vs TI OMAP3430)
  7. Terra

Terra New Member

8. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

The CPUs don't compare. The OMAP is much better.
  9. DebDroid

DebDroid New Member

lol mine always feels new because I change the calendar colors and background often. :) plus any new apps I add.
  10. Stigy

Stigy New Member

The Devour is a Motoblur phone running 1.6 with a different keyboard and smaller screen.

It is lighter than the DROID, but since its running Motoblur it becomes a totally different phone. It is geared towards the "social network" oriented crowd because of the ties to Twitter, Myspace and Facebook.

It does look like a nice keyboard though.

Definitely not making the Droid "outdated" or "old" though. Just another alternative.
  11. greyghost04

greyghost04 New Member

I look at that keyboard and wonder if we would have liked our Droid better if it had that type of keyboard. I've actually gotten pretty good with the current kb. I guess Motorola knew we would acclimate to it .

Would not trade this phone for any other current phone at this time. Whenever someone says they are going back to their old phone I just think they don't understand how to operate the Droid. It's simply the BEST!
  12. Bucknell2013

Bucknell2013 New Member

It's a shame you look at things this way, no offense...

Talk about not getting maximum utility out of what you spend money on? This is definitely a step down, and the Droid is a GREAT phone that has the potential to grow with you. I payed a good bit of money to get this phone, and I will be enjoying it for at least another year.
  13. soyboy

soyboy New Member

Enjoy what you have, the Droid is the same great phone it was last November and will get better over time with updates. We fall into a marketing trap when we feel like we always have to have the latest gadget. Instead I look forward to enhancements/updates to the Droid that will make it even better: night mode on navigation, perhaps multi-touch, more and more cool apps. It still has a killer screen and a great processor and should hold it's own til the next upgrade time comes.
  14. jbsangel

jbsangel New Member

Droid is for big girls and boys, devour is for kiddies.

With it's shortcomings, I still wouldnt trade the Droid for any phone out right now, not even the nexus one.

ETA: plus, motoblur will just mean updates take even longer to get pushed to the phone.
  15. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Everyone has an opinion - yours just happens to be wrong!! Just kidding, get whatever makes you happy. As you are not asking any of us to pay for your new Devour, feel free to get the one you like!! IT IS JUST A PHONE AFTER ALL!! :icon_ banana: Well, since I don't have a life, my Droid is actually a way of life.

Sorry, multiple personalities - must take meds.
  16. aacanela73

aacanela73 New Member

Marketing is marketing and in my opinion what was said about this new phone being a kiddy phone is right. The Droid is a very intimidating phone and is much easier to get a woman into a phone that is lighter in weight and sleeker. The Moto Droid is a MAN PHONE that is heavy square and not frilly. This is why I have to put a shiney purple cover and a frilly heart backround on mine to make it more girly. The majority of the people who are purchasing cell phones today have no idea about processer speeds and what not. They go for looks and coolness. Sorry but it is the gawd awful truth.
  17. jbsangel

jbsangel New Member

I like that you agree with my opinion that the Devour is for kids :)

That said, I'm a chick too, but I leave my Droid naked because I've never been known to be very frilly.

Plus, i just like saying that it's naked.
  18. koralyne

koralyne New Member

Methinks the OP just looked at the picture of the phone before posting :biggrin:
  19. greyghost04

greyghost04 New Member

U R right :)
  20. koralyne

koralyne New Member

With that im mind, the phone looks pretty cool. =]