ONLY Google Contacts WONT sync...

FutureGreg

Reaction score
View attachment 55512
Hello,
As you can see above, google hasn't synced my contacts in about a month. I tried SYNC NOW, but it just doesn't do anything. I have restarted my phone. I even reinstalled facebook just in case there was a background conflict.

I searched the forums and google for help but just can't find an answer. Please help! :furious:

cdmaisch123

Reaction score
The problem may be caused by having recurring events (birthdays) on Google calandar. For some reason, they cause sync to not work with an android phone.

HERE IS A WAY TO RESOLVE THIS:

1. Delete all recurring events in your Google Calandar (make a note of them first!)

2. Go to Google 'Contacts' (you can find this by going to the homepage of Gmail and click on the red Gmail that has little down arrow next to it (below 'Google' and above 'Compose' in the upper left side of the Gmail home page).

3. If you already have a contact related to the recurring event (birthday, anniversary) then find that contact, click on it and enter the date of the event where you see the field 'birthday' (you can click on the field it make it anniversary, other). Otherwise, add the contact info and be sure to populate the birthday field with the date.

4. Go to Google Calandar and below 'Other Calandars' on the lower left side of the page, (if you do not see 'Contact's birthdays' click the down arrow to the left of 'Other Calandars.' If you don't see this, click on the down arrow on the right side of 'Other Calandars' and click on Settings. Put a check mark under 'Show in List' next to 'Contacts Birthdays and Events'

5. When you then go to Google Calandar you should see any recurring events (monthly view makes it easy to see as they are color coded (color can be changed by clicking on the down arrow to the right of Contacts Birthdays)

6. When you sync from your android phone you should not only no longer get the error but recurring events should be listed.

I hope this helps.
Chuck