1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Only get gmail when connected to wifi?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by greg24fan, Feb 14, 2010.

1. greg24fan

greg24fan New Member

Okay, as long as my service for my pop email account hasn't crashed, I get emails for that account anywhere I go. But I seem to only be getting emails for my gmail account when I am at home and connected to my wifi. Is this how it works or is there a problem or do I need to change a setting? I'd like to slowly migrate everything over to just use the gmail account and phase out my pop3 email account over time but I don't want to do that if I'm only going to be able to send/receive emails on that account when I'm connected to wifi.

When I access the gmail on my phone when I'm away from the wifi, it does display some sort of messages about being disconnected but I can't remember the message specifically. If that's key to this issue, I'll try to recreate it. But gmail seems to work like a charm when I'm at home and wifi connected.
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

No gmail works on both 3G and wifi....with myself, I never use wifi but rarely, and I still am receiving emails...

Is the Sync button turned when your on 3G?
Search tags for this page
android only gets gmail updates when off wifi

gmail only syncing on wifi

gmail only syncs on wifi

gmail wifi only

gmail wifi receive only
iphone 4 email only works on wifi

iphone only gets email on wifi

iphone only receives email on wifi

only get e-mails when connected to wifi
phone only gets email while on wifi
phone only recieving email when connected to wifi