Only boots to recovery screen

Whtchlt07

Reaction score
I have a Motorola droid that is unlocked for metro pcs that I bought a couple days ago from a friend, when I bought it was on the home screen. I turned it off then back on again and it just kept rebooting, now it only boots into recovery. This is my second droid that does this. I don't know too much about phones, does anyone have any info that could help me get it back up and running? I really like this phone and don't want to loose it. Thank you.

OP
W

Whtchlt07

Reaction score
all these views and not one relpy... cant anybody help???

vey

Reaction score
It's the flashed to Metro, that is stopping people. I put my phone in a loop once. The only way I could fix it was to use a program called RSD Lite to put an .SBF on it. To do that, I needed the Motorola drivers and I don't know what all else because I also had the Android SDK installed.

Poke around and see where to get and how to run RSD Lite. You can get a stock SBF file from here Sholes - Downloads

I have no idea if the phone will be okay for Metro if you do this. If it doesn't, look at Page Plus.

Last edited:
OP
W

Whtchlt07

Reaction score
i put the sbf on it, now it says i have to activate the fone... but for verizon not metro pcs :(

OP
W

Whtchlt07

Reaction score
in the link it says "hold t and the power button". i did and it just booted normaly. i cant get into recovery mode either it shows a triangle with a exclimation mark inside and a phone next to iit.

vey

Reaction score
Last edited:

WillisD

Reaction score
If you rooted correctly and followed the guides u wouldn't have the stock recovery, part of that process is flashing a new recovery, I'll link the rooting guide again for y'all