only 5 screens???

turnpike

Reaction score
ok so i just upgraded to a Razr from my D2G...i love my D2G with the exception of the stupid sliding keyboard. it had 7 nice screens to switch between...now i'm on my Razr and i only have 5..is this the stock limit? is there anyway to increase my screen amount? that is the only downfall (IMHO) of the android systems...limitations of screens unlike the apple products.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes, that is the limit for stock...however, you can install a 3rd party launcher and increase the number of screens...Go Launcher Ex, ADW, etc are some examples...

Reaction score
I always use a third party launcher, and I think most of them allow adding some screens. Do you really need that many screens, though? I know I'm a minimalist, but I only have a calendar widget and the rest of the homescreens are blank.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
ok so i just upgraded to a Razr from my D2G...i love my D2G with the exception of the stupid sliding keyboard. it had 7 nice screens to switch between...now i'm on my Razr and i only have 5..is this the stock limit? is there anyway to increase my screen amount? that is the only downfall (IMHO) of the android systems...limitations of screens unlike the apple products.

What I think most people are confused by with regard to the home screens on Android when compared to the iPhone is that Android actually HAS home screens, and yet also has the app tray. With the iPhone the app tray IS essentially the home screen.

This is why with the iPhone there is essentially no limit to the number of home screens...as you add apps, and the number of screens simply grows to fit the new apps. This is no different than Android's app tray. On Android, we have both the app tray (like the home screens on the iPhone) and the unique home screens which can be customized.

So if you want an iPhone-like experience you can simply use the app tray.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
T

turnpike

Reaction score
i understand the difference between the "home screen" and "app tray" what i was saying is that even with the "app tray" that apple uses you can create you pages as you like.. so what if i like to have 7 or 10...or 30 pages...i don't like having a crowded screen, i've found all too often when the screen is "full" that you activate apps that are not intended because there is not "safe zone" for swiping between screens

if our app tray wasn't stuck being alphanumeric and i could move them around as i saw fit for my useage preferences then i might be more inclined to actually use that instead the homepages...they D2G was a beautiful set-up...why'd have have to screw it all up? all apps on one page listed vertically...not on multiple pages

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try another launcher, plain and simple.

5 screens are to many for me.
The app drawer took a few days to get use to, but kinda grew on me.

My family like adding all the app shortcut to home screen... "WTF is the app drawer for?"

----posted maxx'ed out----

DCStar91

Reaction score
I use the make your own app drawer option aand selected only the ones I used and it gets the bloatware out of your view atleast

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums