Online vs store

knesja

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked/answered before. I did a quick search and couldn't find what I am really looking for, which is:

Feedback on your experiences, opinions, positives & negatives, etc of purchasing online vs at the Verizon store? With online prices being so much less (at times) ... do the brick and mortar stores offer that much more?

Thanks.

Oh yeah .... I don't have a droid yet. I'm in the process of deciding what I want to get. Right now it's between TB and DX.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
If u go 2 a actual Verizon store they will match whatever is on the net

OP
K

knesja

Reaction score
Wow. I hadn't heard that the stores could price-match. That's significant savings. Last I checked wirefly had the DX for FREE with my renewal and Verizon is still about $150. Big difference.

Yay if they'll pm. Have you had them do that for you?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. I hadn't heard that the stores could price-match. That's significant savings. Last I checked wirefly had the DX for FREE with my renewal and Verizon is still about $150. Big difference.

Yay if they'll pm. Have you had them do that for you?

Do yourself a favor. Do it on the net or over the phone, unless you want to try something out stay out of a Verizon store. Next day delivery. I hate going over there.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
No I mean they will match whatever is on Verizon's site...bc it takes 2-5 buiss days for the change to get to the store (let me know how that happens idk) they don't match just any site....so yes as hook said just do it on the net much easier unless your like me and just can't wait :icon_ banana:

gsdreams

Reaction score
No I mean they will match whatever is on Verizon's site...bc it takes 2-5 buiss days for the change to get to the store (let me know how that happens idk) they don't match just any site....so yes as hook said just do it on the net much easier unless your like me and just can't wait :icon_ banana:

Stores don't match the website. Maybe the price 'before rebate' but not the price after rebate. Stores are required for you to send in the mail in rebate, same as telesales, the instant rebate can only be obtained online.

GDP

Reaction score

Stores don't match the website. Maybe the price 'before rebate' but not the price after rebate. Stores are required for you to send in the mail in rebate, same as telesales, the instant rebate can only be obtained online.

But you are still paying the same price overall. It's just that you are paying $50 more at the store, but you get it back a week later. Small price to pay for getting your phone the same day.

Aicelle

Reaction score
For me, it is better to buy products in offline process that doing it though online.
Until now there is no law that will protect me in any trouble which I may encounter in buying online.

evor1

Reaction score
anyone know if you still pay sales tax online? amazon doesnt charge me sales tax on normal items but im wondering if phones is different since verizon actually has a physical presence in my state.