Online Courses College Question?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by techlife95, Sep 20, 2017.

1. techlife95

techlife95 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Twitter:
    kennyreid95
    Hey folks, I'm 22 years old, at this point in my life I want to be successful in life. So lately I've been looking into expanding my knowledge in computers & technology. Technology incredibly fascinates me. Are there college online certification courses that I'm not aware of such as laptop engineering, smartphones engineering, tablets engineering, camera engineering, data recovery, electronics screen repair for monitors etc, computer components engineering blu ray drive etc. & headphone digital audio engineering? What college has the best online course on computer software engineering, I'm interested in learning how to program os & security software.

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,246
    If you're seriously interested I actually suggest actually going to a community or tech school to get hands on training. The best teacher is experience and hard to get that just online. I would use online courses to build on a foundation that has already been started.

Please keep your response only to this particular topic. I saw this while cleaning the forum and actually felt this subject of whether to do online training or a school to be beneficial because many have this question. And this goes beyond just tech.

Any response other than to this topic that turn into preaching will be removed.

But good topic as we are all constantly striving to learn new things

• Like Like x 1
  3. techlife95

techlife95 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Twitter:
    kennyreid95
  4. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +241
    If you want to get into IT, college always helps, but certifications and experience are more important. When I was getting into IT, I found an unpaid internship, and studied for my A+ exam, both while still working full-time with a family. I don't regret IT at all, but I'm at a point in my life where I may need to take the next leap in the field.

• Like Like x 1
  5. techlife95

techlife95 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Twitter:
    kennyreid95

what specific certifications do you recommend I acquire? what are the best IT schools in Indiana with hands on learning computer science/computer software engineering?

6. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +241
    My first certification was a basic Microsoft Windows certification offered by Microsoft. They've since done away with it, though. I moved on from that to A+. I'm currently working on Cisco.

As for schools, I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Indiana.