Ongoing notification for Wi-Fi

Profaniter

Reaction score
Hi everyone, does anyone know how to remove the ongoing notification for WiFi for Note 2 with Verizon? whenever I scroll down, I get stuck to see that stupid notification about Wifi is off, tap to turn it on... does anyone know how to remove it permanently? please help and thank you!

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Hi everyone, does anyone know how to remove the ongoing notification for WiFi for Note 2 with Verizon? whenever I scroll down, I get stuck to see that stupid notification about Wifi is off, tap to turn it on... does anyone know how to remove it permanently? please help and thank you!

You have to root your devise to make it go away. Check out Xda they will point you in the right direction for what you need to do

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Unfortunately Verizon decided it was cool to have it there instead of a toggle like where it should be.. But since they want everyone on wifi I see why.. Root is only way as stated above.. Let us know if you need help if interested..

NotedHD

OP
P

Profaniter

Reaction score
Seriously? There is no way to make it to disappear that blows... it's annoying though.. Ok, what's the big benefits of having it rooted? I am trying to understand what could be the big positive outcome for "jailbreaking" the phone... care to explain that anyone?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Everyone has different reasons obviously but I will give you a few of mine.. Get rid of notification nag.. Get rid of e911 in status bar.. Add wifi toggle to toggles.. Use ad blocker on apps.. Use native hotspot without Verizon notification.. Theme my status bar with a ROM or mod.. Example I don't want clock on right.. I can hide it or center it. Now I can choose a custom ROM with fancy options or today I can run stock Verizon phone.. Backup all my apps with titanium backup.. Backup my system like a PC restore point.. Just a few things.. Now some can be done without root.. But those little OCD things I want you can't have it..

Edit : forgot important one.. Haha.. Verizon doesn't have update available for phone.. No problem I'm running it already.. One month.. 6 months before they release..

Freedom... Can you see me jumping.. Hehe

NotedHD

Last edited: