OnePlus One XNPH38R Update Starts Rolling Out OTA; Fixes Touchscreen Issues & More

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Here is the official complete change log of CM 11S 38R firmware for OnePlus One:

• Improves the responsiveness of the touchscreen.
  • A new and very cool lockscreen.
  • Ability to take photos in RAW format.
  • Enhanced audio capabilities (24 bit, 96/192khz—flac/alac/wav files without resampling).
  • ANT+ support.
  • Added method for users to report bugs directly to Cyanogen.
  • Added pause button during video recording.
  • Improved battery life.
And these are the bug fixes coming as part of the 11S 38R update:

• Fixed issues with camera exposure compensation stuck in ‘auto’.
  • Fixed issues with ‘4G Preferred’ option not connecting to 3G data.
  • Fixed issues with delay in torch activation.
  • Fixed issues with unresponsive screen requiring reboot.
  • Fixed issues with static in speaker when changing volume while headset plugged in.
  • Fixed issues with rotation not triggering when rotated slowly.
  • Fixed issues with Quiet Hours / system UI causing battery drain on last day of month.
  • Fixed issues with camera not starting when LED torch is already on.
  • Fixed issues with Bluetooth volume low on connection.

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is the official complete change log of CM 11S 38R firmware for OnePlus One:

• Improves the responsiveness of the touchscreen.
  • A new and very cool lockscreen.
  • Ability to take photos in RAW format.
  • Enhanced audio capabilities (24 bit, 96/192khz—flac/alac/wav files without resampling).
  • ANT+ support.
  • Added method for users to report bugs directly to Cyanogen.
  • Added pause button during video recording.
  • Improved battery life.
And these are the bug fixes coming as part of the 11S 38R update:

• Fixed issues with camera exposure compensation stuck in ‘auto’.
  • Fixed issues with ‘4G Preferred’ option not connecting to 3G data.
  • Fixed issues with delay in torch activation.
  • Fixed issues with unresponsive screen requiring reboot.
  • Fixed issues with static in speaker when changing volume while headset plugged in.
  • Fixed issues with rotation not triggering when rotated slowly.
  • Fixed issues with Quiet Hours / system UI causing battery drain on last day of month.
  • Fixed issues with camera not starting when LED torch is already on.
  • Fixed issues with Bluetooth volume low on connection.

Thanks Jeffery! I believe there are other items as well that are not in this changelog.

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep!:) Any one else find any hidden treasures?

Sent from my 1+(1)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm waiting on phone ...Haha
Anyone try different ROM or running stock only

M8 tap'd

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The only thing that would make me consider getting the Nexus 6 is if it comes to VZW. Its great to know that whatever features the N6 will have the O+O will have plus the CM tweaks without the need for a third party ROM. This is a great device and the CM team is doing a great job with it.

I use the stock ROM because there's a diminishing return in switching ROMs. There's no value in the effort to me. I'm perfectly happy using what I have and moving on with my life.

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as Dusty. I had been slowly working up motivation to flash a rom recently, and this update ruined it for me. :D

Sent from my 1+(1)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good to know ..I'm sure I will run stock for a bit then backup and flash a few ..the M8 I currently use I was so happy to unlock and have a freedom to flash anything ..guess what ? One ROM Viper is so solid I've not tried any other ..lol
I'm looking forward to test driving the One though ...I got sd card adapter to switch on fly between phones ...

M8 tap'd

NCguy

Reaction score
The only thing that would make me consider getting the Nexus 6 is if it comes to VZW. Its great to know that whatever features the N6 will have the O+O will have plus the CM tweaks without the need for a third party ROM. This is a great device and the CM team is doing a great job with it.

I use the stock ROM because there's a diminishing return in switching ROMs. There's no value in the effort to me. I'm perfectly happy using what I have and moving on with my life.
If you're a tmobile person the Nexus 6 will have one huge advantage over the OPO and in many cases it will be a deal breaker. wifi calling. Tmobile is a great carrier but their weakness is indoor coverage. They have stated that the N6 will have wifi calling. Until all calling is voip tmobile phones that have it will give tmo tremendous competitive advantage on the device.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I wonder what limitations they've put on their WiFi calling. If they make it always available on any WiFi network, what keeps people from ditching their cell plans and going solely with WiFi. Obviously they would lose a lot of money depending on these factors.

tap'n on my S5

NCguy

Reaction score
I wonder what limitations they've put in their WiFi calling. If they make it always available on any WiFi network, what keeps people from ditching their cell plans and going solely with WiFi. Obviously they would lose a lot of money depending these factors.

tap'n on my S5
I don't think it works without a tmo sim card

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I might be missing something here, but you can Wi-Fi call using hangouts on any phone. Problem is, finding the Wi-Fi when you're on the go.

Sent from my 1+(1)

NCguy

Reaction score
I might be missing something here, but you can Wi-Fi call using hangouts on any phone. Problem is, finding the Wi-Fi when you're on the go.

Sent from my 1+(1)
Tmobile wifi calling is a different service provided by tmobile. I dont think it uses data or minutes on your bill and it automatically switches to cellular when you leave wifi even mid call.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Yeah Hangouts does have that option if you use Google Voice. Besides that, TMO has unlimited minutes and data so there are no minutes to "save". The only advantage is having an option for when you have a bad signal. I don't trust public wifi anyway. My general rule of thumb, If I don't know the person providing wifi personally I don't use it for jack.