OnePlus One Goes Through a Battery of 'Butt' Bend Tests Too

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It looks like Samsung isn't the only smartphone manufacturer to post a video of their phone getting bend-tested. The folks at OnePlus shared one for their One. As you can see in the above video, the OnePlus One holds up well to a battery of tests, including some pseudo-butt-simulations, and it comes through just fine.

The video also includes a few other tests to satisfy any latent curiosity. It's very cool of OnePlus to "invite" us into their testing facilities...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I feel these are the tests that phones go through before being released. Did/Does Apple do these? A coworker of mine had her phone bend.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Apple applies 25kg of pressure which is approximately 55lbs during their "stress test". I don't know of any person old enough to own a cell phone that weighs 55lbs.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Apple applies 25kg of pressure which is approximately 55lbs during their "stress test". I don't know of any person old enough to own a cell phone that weighs 55lbs.

Its not even how much you weigh. When you are bending a phone in your pocket, the stress applied is way more than how much you weigh. And 55 lbs itself is ridiculous. But hey, Apple wants you to carry it in your purse so 55lbs is enough.