OnePlus Finally Abandoning Awful Invite System in October

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
composition-main-one-plus-one.jpg

From their beginning, the first (and one of the biggest) complaints about the OnePlus One was how difficult it was to get one. OnePlus' quirky invite system has been very unpopular. Luckily, they are wise enough to recognize this and have been working on a new pre-order system that they expect to implement in October.

Here's a quote from OnePlus during a Reddit AMA,

We are working on a pre-orders system, we were initially aiming for September but it’s been slightly delayed, hopefully we’ll be ready to launch it in October. ~ OnePlus

It's good to see the company is still evolving. Perhaps they will be able to work through all of the issues which have plagued them up until now.

As a sidenote, in regards to the different back covers originally planned for the device, and particularly the Bamboo cover, OnePlus has run into another problem. Here's a quote regarding that issue,

The Bamboo StyleSwap Cover has been delayed following the discovery of a “minor flaw” in the cover. A launch date has not yet been rescheduled for the Bamboo cover and there is not any news on the other handset covers yet either. ~ AndroidAuthority

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's kind of funny they're slogan is "Never settle", because that's what you end up doing when you can't actually purchase their device, settle on something else.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I actually think their "invite" plan was the best option for them (at the time) considering their limited stock on this device. Now that they've got their stock levels up, it seems like the right thing to do to abandon this method. It can't be easy starting a new smartphone company, especially in this extremely competitive field and against such heavy hitters as Apple, Samsung, Moto, LG, HTC etc. Personally I think they're doing alright and growing pains are simply part of the process with ANY new business. plus, the internet is going to pick apart every little issue and blow it up, so hopefully they can continue to improve and grow as a company. It will only benefit us as consumers.

tap'n on my S5

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, but you have to realize that going into the market, and be prepared when you do decide to enter otherwise you're letting a ton of people down, especially the CM loyalists and tarnishing the image, if only a little. A sloppy release gives me the impression that maybe their device isn't as polished either.

That may not be fair of me to assume but it's my reaction and I can't be the only one.

on the move..