OnePlus 3 Officially Announced with Specs, Pricing & Release Date

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oneplus-3-ultimate-hero-flying.JPG

Just as they promised, OnePlus officially unveiled their next generation OnePlus 3 device. Not only does the ultra-powerful smartphone come with a very affordable price, it also no longer requires an invite to purchase! Woot!

Here's a breakdown of specs for the new "flagship killer" that might actually kill some flagships:
  • Display: 5.5-inch 1080p Optic AMOLED
  • Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
  • RAM and Storage: 6GB of RAM, 64GB of storage (no option for expansion)
  • Rear Camera: 16MP Sony IMX298 with OIS, HDR, f/2.0 aperture and 4K video; with HD Mode, Auto HDR, and Dynamic De-noise
  • Front Camera: 8MP Sony IMX179 with f/2.0 aperture and 1080p video
  • Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi AC, 4G LTE Cat 6, GPS w/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 2.0
  • Ports: USB 2.0 Type-C, dual nano-SIM, 3.5mm audio
  • Battery: 3,000mAh non-removable battery with Dash Charge technology (60% battery in 30 minutes of charging)
  • Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, Electronic Compass
  • Dimensions: 152.7 x 74.7 x 7.35 mm, 158g
  • Graphite or gold colors
As you can see, these specs are an amazing amalgamation of wishlist fan favorites. When you marry the attractive aesthetics (borrowing heavily from HTC's design characteristics) with these features and an ultra-affordable $399 price tag, we can't help but think other Android OEMs might actually feel a pinch from the potential sales of this device.

The OnePlus 3 is going on sale today at the OnePlus website, here. (They are having trouble keeping up with demand, so it might take a while when ordering.)

Here's our dedicated OnePlus discussion forum: OnePlus Smartphones (All Numbered Models)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree that it is definitely an impressive phone for the price. I do doubt that other manufacturers will even blink an eye. Since these are not sold in stores (that I am aware of) I am guessing that these probably account for less than 1% of all phone sales. Android enthusiasts know about them, but how many people outside of that circle even know about One Plus?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
another thing that keeps it numbers down is it's not available on big red.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Very nice specs.. but everytime I see or hear their name it takes me back to the smash your phone campagne.. I will never buy any of their products... JMO