OneManga Viewer for Android Phones :)

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by Akujin, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Akujin

Akujin New Member

This was a school project that I have now open sourced and published to market.

Project website with SVN:
    onemanga-android - Project Hosting on Google Code

Comments, questions, suggestions welcome.

QR Code to Download from Market:
    [​IMG]

Main Menu
    [​IMG]

List of All Manga in Alpha Order
    [​IMG]

List of All Manga in Order of Popularity
    [​IMG]

List of Recently Added Chapters
    [​IMG]

Chapter Selection
    [​IMG]

Page View
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. keiichi25

keiichi25 New Member

As a frequent reader of OneManga, I would like to make a few suggestions to you about your app.

One - It is already zoomed in, which is good and bad at the same time. you might want to put in some app settings like allowing the user to determine if they want 'full page' to fit while in portrait mode and zoom in accordingly.

Two - Page turning. Wasn't nearly as intuitive at first, short of hitting the menu. Most people, like me, would have clicked on the image to go to the next page on the website. Also didn't see a thing for when you are in a particular manga to jump to a particular chapter or page within the chapter, which sometimes happens if you are back tracking within the current chapter.

One of the reviews on the app does appear to be right. It does seem you can't view all the manga. Example for today, I could see the Fairy Tail chapter, but not the Kenichi one.

All and all, a good starting attempt for OneManga for people who won't always be at their computer and easier on the eyes than trying to do the website via the droid normally.
  3. NVash

NVash New Member

Looks kinda like MangaDroid, but Id love to see how this turns out. I actually prefer going to the OneManga site over using MangaDroid because many times Ive found itll take forever to open up one page.

I was thinking, itd be cool if someone made an app that downloaded the whole chapter when its opened instead of one page at a time. As I said, for awhile I was actually sitting there staring at my phone waiting for a page to come up. Maybe that could be another option in Settings? Itd make it a million times easier to view a chapter. Have it download the chapter or maybe even volume, depending on which one someone wants, in the background while they do other things. When its done prompt them and there they have the manga ready to view with no interruptions.
  4. sockmess

sockmess New Member

any new news on this app cause it looks like something i would purchase especially if the suggestions was impemented... few more days until i can get my hands on what i brought 3 weeks ago...
Search tags for this page
android manga reader source code
download onemanga android app
one manga android
one manga android app
one manga in android
one manga source application android

onemanga android

onemanga android app

open source android manga reader