One Touch Speed Dial Icons? Doable on Pro?

beachsands

Reaction score
My wife picked up a Android Pro, is there a way to make the one touch icons for speed dialing? I can do this on my plain old Droid but have been unable to figure it out on the Pro.

Also how do you associate a picture to a contact?

I think I have brain asphyxia because seems like this Pro Droid is a pain.

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Joel

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
go to market and check out a contact widget app like photo contact widget (now that particular app only works if your launcher allows for scrollable widgets like launcher pro or adw).

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
No there's already a stock widget that comes with the phone right out the box called "contacts quick task" that works the best. You can set it to one touch text or one touch call.

Ride

Reaction score
Widgetsoid is what I use for this.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I use LauncherPro's contact widgets. Works perfectly - I have about 6 people set up so I can see their pic and hit one touch to call home, mobile, send sms or email.

zenivzen

Reaction score
i have launcherpro too and like the features here too but i do like a one touch call feature for when i drive. i like the stock too but how can i erase the contact's name because i have a boss who's profile pick is perjorative (it's the noid character from "avoid the noid" way back when). one time i let him check out my phone and bigger than poop his name is underneath the noid and unless he missed it altogether he played it off well.
so i too would like a one touch call feature but i have a condition and that is to remove the label so that i can have just the picture.

can anyone help?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I use Animated Widget. It displays the contact picture, and gives you two options:
1) Press picture once and you get four squares above the picture allowing you to call home, call mobile, text, or email.
2) Double tap and you get a custom action (such as call mobile).

I would recommend it.