One-Touch Dialing

oldgold

Reaction score
I just switched from a VZW droid 3 to the Nexus, and don't know if I'm missing something- the droid 3 let me put 1-touch buttons on the home screen for fastest dialing, the GNEX makes me open up a folder and scroll through to tap the contact I want to call. Any ideas on how to get around this? I've got that stock icon on the bottom of the screen that is next to the phone, and when I open that up, it doesn't seem to let me add a whole bunch of contacts to that thing either... Thanks for the help!

pool_shark

Reaction score
The Nexus does not have one touch dialing, but I read elsewhere that there is a 3rd party dialer that will take care of it.

OP
O

oldgold

Reaction score
Any apps you'd suggest?

Thanks for the quick reply- I had not considered checking the market, but found some stuff that should do it- I'll write back w/what I find, thanks

Chubbydog

Reaction score
Go into your apps, select widgets, and then direct dial. It then lets you pick the contact you wanna have. You can put as many as you want on your homescreen. Just drag and drop them into a folder once there out there. It's pretty simple. You can do direct message for texts to if you want. I've got a folder for both on my homescreen.

OP
O

oldgold

Reaction score
Saweet!

Thanks for the help- that works pretty easy. i wasn't seeing how to use widgets before. :biggrin:

amajamar

Reaction score
Try TouchPal Contacts. It gives all the functionality that should be native in ICS, imo.