One persons opinion

kygator1

Reaction score
Well Im sure its me but quickly, I have tried every rom out there and have had good and bad with all but as i sit here trying to install dev recomended kernals from CM I have to say that for all the work that goes into there roms I think they are the most agravating roms out there I have never had any luck with there roms and trying to over clock with different speeds I keep getting boot loop why is there roms so different not working like ALL others hmmm sometimes leaving somethings alone is not all a bad idea..I know there will be all these peeps that say its the best rom in the world but I dont think so ..

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Well Im sure its me but quickly, I have tried every rom out there and have had good and bad with all but as i sit here trying to install dev recomended kernals from CM I have to say that for all the work that goes into there roms I think they are the most agravating roms out there I have never had any luck with there roms and trying to over clock with different speeds I keep getting boot loop why is there roms so different not working like ALL others hmmm sometimes leaving somethings alone is not all a bad idea..I know there will be all these peeps that say its the best rom in the world but I dont think so ..

Too bad you're not having a good experience w/ the ROM. Its been working perfectly for me. I recommend trying the P3Droid Kernels (they work well for me). Never had a bootloop with them, and they run cool.

js0724

Reaction score
I can see it from both sides. CM is probably the most feature packed ROM available. Look at your /system. It is almost full by default. It allows customization that far surpasses others too. Once you take the time to get it running right it flies. However, most other ROMs are faster and work better out of the box. You really have to decide what you are looking for and we can all be thankful there are now so many choices. CM used to have the perfect balance of speed and extras, but not so much lately. I think having a ROM that is ported to so many phones is partly to blame. This is just my opinion and I'm still a big fan of CM, but if you want a ROM that works out of the box and does so with speed, CM is no longer king. Again, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jmart8684

Reaction score
The main reason I stay with CM is more data space. The Dalvik Cache is seperated. Normally, if you go to /data/dalvik-cache, it has both data@app and system@app files. CM has the system@app moved to /cache/dalvik-cache, saving about 30-40mbs of memory.
Also with the kernels, it's unfortunately hit or miss. For Low Voltage, if I go more then 1mhz, my droid freezes and reboots. for Standard/Medium Voltage, I could get it to 1.1. Anything more on any voltage causes unstability. Other people, could overclock to 1.2. I been keepin the stock kernel that comes loaded on CM @ 125min 700max.

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Good reply from both I just keep trying :)

There's really no reason you shouldn't be able to get CM6 running, at one capacity or another. Try this:

1 - Re-install it and make sure you wipe both data and cache.
2 - Don't overclock anything past 900mhz - 1ghz at first.
3 - On the initial boot, sign in to your google account etc, and then let the phone sit for about 10-15 minutes to rebuild cache, etc.
4 - After that, reboot it.

Try it then, you should have a much better experience.

Another thing that could be causing problems is if you are using Titanium Backup to restore apps/system data, make sure you are only restoring your user apps and certain types of system data (green). I've tried restoring the whole thing before and got lots of problems. Now all I backup is user apps, wifi spots, and browser bookmarks.

jev

Reaction score

That is one looong sentence.:):) Seriously though, some roms work great on some phones while others are crap. Who knows why this is, but it happens.

Icculus760

Reaction score
Seriously though, some roms work great on some phones while others are crap. Who knows why this is, but it happens.

+1

Although I've never run into any problems with any combination of ROM/kernel I've tried (except kernels meant specifically for one ROM and not others) so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! dancedroid