One main thing I hate about the the droid 3

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
*edit* Just practiced several times on my broken D3.

Its VERY easy. Instead of pulling it by the top part, slide your finger from the top middle of the phone, to the top right, and then down the right side until you get near the charging port.

After that, it will just pull right off.

Last edited:

Erikbal

Reaction score
It is a little tough getting off sometimes but I don't find it hard. I just use a finger nail and pry at the top then go around the side a little bit and it pops off pretty easy. I'd rather have it like this than have it coming off too easily and like a lot of others mine hardly comes off anyways.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
I don't have nails due to schizophrenia causing me to bite them off (I know it's sad, but it's true) so I have to have a tool to get my back cover off. Luckily for me, I always keep coins in my back pocket.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine was hard when I first got it. I hated it. But now it's really easy to do.

leobg

Reaction score
For people without nails, you can use a tool for opening electronic equipment like this:

22690-blue-triangular-cell-phone-case-opening-tool-1.jpg

they cost pennies and can be found anywhere. Or a simple guitar pick would do too. There is little risk to scratch the plastic unlike if metal object is used.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
great suggestion with regards to guitar pick.

and I thought the battery cover for the D1 was great. I do like it better than the one for my D3. But it's not all that bad. Just tryin to minimize the number of times it gets taken off.