One Last Selfie (resulting in an airstrike)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well..... The thing here is... ISIS has come into a great deal of our tech.. Weapons.. Vehicles... That we left or stupidly dropped in bad places.. Now i know that most of that tech is "hard parts" not software obviously..

But we can spot their movements just as easily as we can spot our own. . Think about it.. We're dragging our feet..

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Well..... The thing here is... ISIS has come into a great deal of our tech.. Weapons.. Vehicles... That we left or stupidly dropped in bad places.. Now i know that most of that tech is "hard parts" not software obviously..

But we can spot their movements just as easily as we can spot our own. . Think about it.. We're dragging our feet..
So are you suggesting that we allow them to take some of the hardware, that's been "tagged" or "LoJacked" then follow their movements...
Or did we just give away some more info...?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm suggesting that we can probably easily track equipment that was once ours... Tanks... Humvees.. It couldn't be that hard.. But i never worked in motor pool..

We don't need to let them take... They already have it...its just been widely down played by the media/ government..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is the kind of press that really we would benefit from not having disseminated. Telling your enemy how you thwarted them in the past will only alert them to flaws in their protocol that can then be addressed and we lose that edge. I'd rather that intelligence remain in the hands of the need to know.

Totally agree FK, Probably disseminated by an aid that isn't too bright, and wanting kudos. Just STFU and kill the fools, we'll give you kudos when they are all a pink mist.

^^^ +1 ^^^

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I read this from sites that are more popular than ours so the information is already out there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Didn't know there are sites more popular than ours.....

N

Neoart01

I'd rather that intelligence remain in the hands of the need to know.
Absolute - there's no reason we had to know, let alone them.
Why this admin thinks this is cool,
or is it attempt to warn ISIS,
Quit it - (edit) Idiots, we had already called that strike off heading back to carrier fully loaded.
Now creating highly risky mission to do that fully loaded.

vs get text massage contact to promote it further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Oh wait.. There is a reason they "spill" this crap.. Same reason they made the films they made in ww2.. To tell the American public that this is what you should believe.. When really.. We're not doing a lot.. (propaganda)

I've read instances where fighter planes acquire a good target.. And have to get permission from the white house to fire.. And that can take a while.. We're talking sometimes an hour or more. By that time the target has been lost and or the plane is out of fuel...

The white house is doing a terrible job of handling this.. They're wasting our resources.. And a lot of time..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree and disagree.

One, the military have manipulated the media many times, read up on how we use the media to win the Gulf War in the 90s.
I am not going to say there aren't any leaks but they are few. They have areas they allow the media to go and military personnel have been briefed endlessly on what to say and what not to say to the media. In a militarized zone the press can only put out what was told to them and most of the time what was shared was shared by a high level officer who is not going to risk their position over press. And the military for the most part have their own press personnel who work in the field and if they are drawing a check and taking orders from uncle sam then you know they are putting out the press uncle sam allows. They just feed the fishes (the fishes being the media). Example: For those who have been on a military base you know where you can go and where you are not allowed to go and one area you will not go are where you require top secret clearance. Yet we have enough information put out about our capabilities just to let the world know we mean business without them knowing the detail.

But we can not have freedom of speech and then want to hogtie the media. With some of the stuff that goes on here in the states (especially in Washington) I am all for the media. I just wish we had more news where the info was put out there with out a slant but then I realize all media (potentially) has a bias and I need to have enough sense to look at the entire angle of a situation and not just what is put before me.

I agree with most of what you've said, but in principle some things are just better left unsaid. Was this something I need to know? Was it something I felt I had the right to know? Would it concern me if something like this was withheld from me? Is this some kind of valuable information for me that will change my life dramatically?

No, I didn't. No, it wasn't. No, it wouldn't No, it isn't. Just use the intel, kill the savage beasts and tell me all about it after the last one is confirmed dead!

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
No, I didn't. No, it wasn't. No, it wouldn't No, it isn't. Just use the intel, kill the savage beasts and tell me all about it after the last one is confirmed dead!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
You get a win for that statement.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The problem is that this white house is so jacked up.. They don't pull the trigger when they should... Out of 10 flights.. If the original target is engaged.. And they're still carrying ordinance.. They try to acquire other targets.. Shouldn't be that hard to do.. But according to a few people I know in fighter wings.. Things get mishandled 9/10 of the time. That equals a lot of jet fuel and time on those air frames.. Just sayin

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
The WH can't handle the uav's around dc, there's no way they're going to handle them over there in Iraq excetera