One Home screen (?)

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know I'm getting old but, was it always only one? I thought it was 2 or 3??

I had briefly experimented with the Nova browser and had several and I think after uninstall still had "some" Now I have just one. No swipe left or right.
I'm sure its me but WTH did I do?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's odd.. All of your apps must be on one screen... Long press on the Home screen.. Then grab an app and drag it to the right.. That will create a new panel for your home screen..

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok. Just was at Verizon. There are Droid Turbos with Six(6) screens? I can manage three(3)...... what is this all about??

They are floor models obviously stock. One had five and one had six - I can get three...... ????

kyboy

Reaction score
Hit your menu button and pull up the Nova settings. Choose desktop and then home screen on the next page. From that point there should be a + icon in the upper right corner to add additional screens.
f081c404ba6e461302b22870dbd7f0a7.jpg

1633c674424cf6208f119b6c154d0a97.jpg

66df3f0c0c26ac1d9a8a29605e7c2bac.jpg

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
? Wouldn't that apply for those running the nova launcher? I'm talking about a stock phone.

kyboy

Reaction score
Your original post mentioned you experimented with Nova. I assumed you still had it loaded.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
No, gone. Sorry, stock again. Not sure why both store phones had so many screens.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The just had one or more app on each screen, if you go to the far right screen grab all the apps on that screen and move them to a prior screen it will eliminate that screen. You can only have one screen if you like.

We must...We must...increase our boost

kyboy

Reaction score
I am sure they were added to show the space available. As 94lt1 said above, grab an app, long press on it to move it, and drag it right or left to add a screen.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
LOL I remember back in the OG Droid days we could not wait for the update that gave us 5 screens. For several years I have used only one maybe two max.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I keep my home screen pretty much uncluttered and my popular apps on a pull down and the rest on page two.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I keep my home screen pretty much uncluttered and my popular apps on a pull down and the rest on page two.

I'm to the point where I m doing the same. I used to keep all of my apps in folders in multiple dock pages in Apex and Nova. Now I am experimenting with Action launcher and have no apps or docks on my home screen. Just date and day and a few frequently used toggles.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm to the point where I m doing the same. I used to keep all of my apps in folders in multiple dock pages in Apex and Nova. Now I am experimenting with Action launcher and have no apps or docks on my home screen. Just date and day and a few frequently used toggles.
On my tablets I have 1 home screen with no apps. I use the docks that Nova provides , 3 docks with 7 apps on each.
On my phone I've got 2 home screens. 1 for me and 1 for my daughter. I have 2 apps on mine and a wallpaper using Multiple Picture Live Wallpaper, she has her games in hers with her own wallpaper. Again I use Nova docks instead. MPLW was really cool when I used to keep lots of screens. I'd have each screen set to a separate folder in the gallery (each having Note2 than 50 photos that changed each time the screen came up) so each time I scrolled to a screen it was a different wallpaper, never having the same combination when I scrolled through.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
The original question was as much about WTH as anything, Do I "Need" six screens? No but I don't get why the display phones have Six and I have three.
The verizon reps answer was, "Well ya know the display phones ARE Different".
Still don't know (or have an answer, I tried to get one but ....nada)