One Handed Screen Shots With Google Now On Tap!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Marshmallow has not been a huge update in terms of new features. In fact their are only a handful of new features. Changes have been mostly in security and aesthetics. One of the most interesting new features is the Google Now On Tap. If using the Google Now launcher it allows you to long press the home button to bring up search results based on the content displayed on your page. Google has just updated On tap with a "share" option. If you press and hold the home button to bring up on tap you will notice a share button in the bottom left hand corner. Pressing the share button takes a screen shot of your current screen and gives you options to share. The only downside here is that it is indeed Marshmallow only.

Reactions: CJM

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
With the back buttons on my G4 I can easily take one-handed screenshots ^_^

Does the G4 have Capture+ like the V10? One-touch screenshot, it's pretty sweet.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
How are people liking Google Now OT? Seems like a gimmick to me.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How are people liking Google Now OT? Seems like a gimmick to me.
At this point, it really kind of is. It's still pretty hit or miss. I try it once in a while to see if it's getting any better. It's got its use cases for sure, but I don't find myself NEEDING that contextual information based on a text or email often enough to need to use it for real, so I just play with it and see what it comes up with in different scenarios.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I have been trying to configure NOVA to allow a gesture for screenshot but thus far haven't had any real luck. Seems I used to be able to do this but not sure if that was due to root.. Also I know I wasn't using NOVA at the time.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've never used it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I may use it more now with this easy screen shot feature. Not that it's hard to push the buttons (with the right case) on my 6P, but just tapping the screen would mean not having to shift my grip on the phone.