one contact can't be found in contacts

datdude

Reaction score
I have a Droid and manually entered all of my contacts in from my old phone. When I search in "contacts" for this one person....they are not there. If this person calls me it comes up with a name and a picture that I entered originally. I can also find this person by looking through my call log. I have entered this person twice in the contacts, but for some reason it does not stay. any input is appreciated!

backlash

Reaction score
Is the contact sorted by last name first, instead of first name first? This happend to me, after I synced a facebook contact with their phone #, mobile work, email etc etc etc

OP
D

datdude

Reaction score
the names are sorted by first name, but it does not stay. I just entered it a 3rd time and for now it is there. I am guessing by tomorrow morning it will be gone again. Weird!

madrsx

Reaction score
Does the contact share a phone or fax number with any other contact in your phone? I had a problem with a few contacts kept disappearing - I figured out it was because they had the same number as another contact (same home or office number), and google contacts just wouldn't display the second contact.

OP
D

datdude

Reaction score
no shared numbers with this contact

droid > iphone

Reaction score
when I got my contacts transferred, a Jim, Jimmy, and Jamie got consolidated under the one name Jimmy. so instead of 3 separate contacts, I had one contact with 3 numbers. I'd say check similar names to see if it's hiding. Although my other friend with a droid is having the same problem as you with my number. He can even search my name and find it and when I call my name appears, but I am not in his contact list.

P_McNeal

Reaction score
Make sure that under settings for Contacts that all or any groups or labels are selected. My lost items ended up in an unchecked group.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Click phone, Contacts Tab, click menu, display options,click on your email, check all the groups. All your Contacts will then show up.

OP
D

datdude

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help! Seems to be working now