One click?

Reaction score
I'm sure most devs have looked at this but has anyone tried super one click or Z4 or anything like that?

Just a thought though. And if its not to much trouble can some one explain the rooting/obtaining root process.

I'm very tech savy but never really looked up how and what caused root to be obtained.

And the bootloader being locked is it not unlocked by a code? Could we not look towards the atrix and og for help unlocking it ourselves or is it more complicated then that?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can google the whole boot loader and root process question. As far as if Superoneclick, Z4, and everything else known being tried....yes it has. And then some.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
x2. And the X bootloader has been locked and encrypted and hasnt been broken yet. So I doubt the 3 bootloader will ever be open unless Motorola decides to unlock it.

LGX v2.4

OP
S
Reaction score
I read something about it having an efuse on it or something. But from what I understand the droid3 will be getting the unlocked bootloader soon or sometime soon. And why is moto locking the phones down so hard from root but saying they will unlock the bootloader. Does an unlocked bootloader help with gaining root and superuser to the device?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read something about it having an efuse on it or something. But from what I understand the droid3 will be getting the unlocked bootloader soon or sometime soon. And why is moto locking the phones down so hard from root but saying they will unlock the bootloader. Does an unlocked bootloader help with gaining root and superuser to the device?

The X was supposed to have an e fuse but it was just paranoia. Its no big deal.

An unlocked bootloader would help with root access because then the developers wouldn't have to looks for security flaws in the software to exploit for root.

LGX v2.4

Snow02

Reaction score

OEMs can choose to patch root exploits, but in this case 2.3.4 is already patched by google. So it's not really moto preventing root.

And yes, an open bootloader would allow for an easy root method. When you can flash different kernels and recoveries anything is possible.

neonerz

Reaction score
x2. And the X bootloader has been locked and encrypted and hasnt been broken yet. So I doubt the 3 bootloader will ever be open unless Motorola decides to unlock it.

LGX v2.4

I'd settle for a 2nd init work around.

neonerz

Reaction score
Gotta have root first for that to work.

Yea, your preaching to the choir. I'm just saying that getting your hopes up for a unlocked bootloader anytime soon is probably a pipe dream and your better off hoping for a work around.

Snow02

Reaction score
Gotta have root first for that to work.

Yea, your preaching to the choir. I'm just saying that getting your hopes up for a unlocked bootloader anytime soon is probably a pipe dream and your better off hoping for a work around.

Honestly, you're almost more likely to see the bootloader unlocked before you see a new exploit.

djrajir

Reaction score
Has the source been released or leaked for the droid 3? if so could we modify a stock froyo kernel with the right drivers, then downgrade to froyo? or is that out of the question because there has been no OTA yet?

This is how people root the GB G2 so I thought I would ask.

mrcastillo

Reaction score
It was revised last week so it could

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums