One Click to get back on upgrade path

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
not old news, same method P3 is using in his 1-clcik scripts afaik....there is something to be said for being able to do things manually, more control...

foamman

Reaction score
hahaha... much like everyone stated about the initial 5.6.893 and 5.7.893 'official' leaks huh??...lol... did it really make that much difference for you?

Completely different. The 5.6.893 and 5.7.893 were cheesecaked off the Moto servers. No one was ever supposed to see them. 5.5.901 was pushed to my phone by VZW. I then reached out to them and asked them if I should install it. They told me I should and that I should be on 5.5.901. So it's completely different. As far what difference there is. I haven't dropped data once, battery life has greatly improved, phone is more responsive, camera works as it should, I haven't lost an app installed on my sdcard... So yes it made a difference. Anything other questions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wilboy

Reaction score
Completely different. The 5.6.893 and 5.7.893 were cheesecaked off the Moto servers. No one was ever supposed to see them. 5.5.901 was pushed to my phone by VZW. I then reached out to them and asked them if I should install it. They told me I should and that I should be on 5.5.901. So it's completely different. As far what difference there is. I haven't dropped data once, battery life has greatly improved, phone is more responsive, camera works as it should, I haven't lost an app installed on my sdcard... So yes it made a difference. Anything other questions?

I wish you know everything...i came from leaked OTA 5.7.893,reverted back to 5.5.893 and update to 9.901...Any question?

foamman

Reaction score
I wish you know everything...i came from leaked OTA 5.7.893,reverted back to 5.5.893 and update to 9.901...Any question?

What are you talking about? That's the whole point of this and 10 other threads. To get people back on the path. What is your point?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

'Anything' other questions??...lmao...not sure what 'that' means but if you were dropping data regularly, battery life sucked, phone wasn't responsive, camera wasn't working, losing apps, on 5.5.893 perhaps you didn't have it tweaked right??...just wondering since I seem to have had all things pretty good on 'leaked' 5.7 and the OTA5.5 .893 ...

Relax....if it works better for you, good for you.... but if it was supposed to be on our Bionics now, then why hasn't it actually been released?? you have an answer to that 'anything' question...lol... and not tryin to haggle with you but just curious as to why this .901 OTA is viewed as the holy grail of sorts

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the forever root still hold after this, or must it be done again? And, can anyone verify that KIN3TX can be successfully reinstalled over .901? I thought .901 ruined third-party ROMs?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas.

Eclipse and kint3x have both been modified to work with the 901 update. The link to the rootzwiki thread can be found in this post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...too-soon-rom-based-5-9-901-a.html#post1933825

wilboy

Reaction score
What are you talking about? That's the whole point of this and 10 other threads. To get people back on the path. What is your point?

It's been said and misinterpreted me,and that's not an old news..That's my point!K? PEACE!:D

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Btw, no need to start arguing, we're here to help each other out, enjoy the holidays:)

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Eclipse yet?Have you read my post to another thread!!Woww that's nice man!!:)

Not yet, I got your post in that other thread and quoted and responded to it.

foamman

Reaction score
'Anything' other questions??...lmao...not sure what 'that' means but if you were dropping data regularly, battery life sucked, phone wasn't responsive, camera wasn't working, losing apps, on 5.5.893 perhaps you didn't have it tweaked right??...just wondering since I seem to have had all things pretty good on 'leaked' 5.7 and the OTA5.5 .893 ...

Relax....if it works better for you, good for you.... but if it was supposed to be on our Bionics now, then why hasn't it actually been released?? you have an answer to that 'anything' question...lol... and not tryin to haggle with you but just curious as to why this .901 OTA is viewed as the holy grail of sorts

Dude stop trying to pick a fight. Autocorrect changed any to anything and I didn't catch it. I'm happy you have it good on 5.7.893. Enjoy!

wilboy

Reaction score
Btw, no need to start arguing, we're here to help each other out, enjoy the holidays:)

nah,it's just a little misunderstanding!!:D