One Click to get back on upgrade path

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
If you used the path saver to get 893 the forever root script will fail for some reason. You'll have to do the path saver again forever root while still on 886. The updated path saver script I mentioned a few pages back does this. I'll post a link in a minute. Since you haven't applied 901 yet you won't run into issues with the cdt file.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

you could refer them to my post from a while back, the pathsaver link i uploaded has the bbb and cdt fix in it should they have any issues..
just a suggestion to simplify this process lol

csparrow55

Reaction score
Bionic forever rooted 5.7.893 trying to get back on the upgrade path. Usb debugging on and charge only. Tried using P3Droids Path Saver. Everything seemed to be going ok until I was prompted to install the 893 updated zip. I got an error message stating that the signature verification failed and the installation was aborted. Now when I try to reboot, I'm stuck on the AP Fastboot Flash Mode. Says invalid flash mode (boot failure) invalid CG Version (CC:boot) . Need some help on where to go from here.

jkliving92

Reaction score
Bionic forever rooted 5.7.893 trying to get back on the upgrade path. Usb debugging on and charge only. Tried using P3Droids Path Saver. Everything seemed to be going ok until I was prompted to install the 893 updated zip. I got an error message stating that the signature verification failed and the installation was aborted. Now when I try to reboot, I'm stuck on the AP Fastboot Flash Mode. Says invalid flash mode (boot failure) invalid CG Version (CC:boot) . Need some help on where to go from here.

Anything about a cdt.bin file anywhere when you're in fastboot? If so try the cdt.bin fix in the updated link in the OP.

wooddale

Reaction score
Can I just flash the 5.9.901 zip in fast boot and maintain root? I cant seem to get the One click site lets me log in but says only registered users can use files Ive sent them emails no responce

jkliving92

Reaction score
Can I just flash the 5.9.901 zip in fast boot and maintain root? I cant seem to get the One click site lets me log in but says only registered users can use files Ive sent them emails no responce

If you're forever rooted and running 893 then yes.

wooddale

Reaction score
If you're forever rooted and running 893 then yes.

Thanks I made ananoid backup of 5.5.893 foreverooted so I can just go back then flash the zip. What do you think will happen when the offical OTA comes out we should still be able to use P3's to get back if its different?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
How long does it take to download the file I dont have the fastest game in town on computer butits not the slowest either it is saying 2-1/2 hrs is that wright?

its 676m, how fast would depend on your connection, 2 1/2 hours is kinda long, i can get it in maybe 5 minutes on 4g...

wooddale

Reaction score
its 676m, how fast would depend on your connection, 2 1/2 hours is kinda long, i can get it in maybe 5 minutes on 4g...

You mean 767 wright. That what it says. If I would have downloaded it on my phone then I have upload it to my computer? Im not sure I know how to do that I usually down load to the computer. Except for Roms and stuff

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
You mean 767 wright. That what it says. If I would have downloaded it on my phone then I have upload it to my computer? Im not sure I know how to do that I usually down load to the computer. Except for Roms and stuff

BionicPathSaver1.rar (676.63 MB)

yes you have to put it on your pc, plug in the usb cable and change the connection to "mass storage" then use your pc to find the file on your phone and move it to your pc

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

this thread Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method
should have most of the answers to questions about the pathsaver

wooddale

Reaction score
BionicPathSaver1.rar (676.63 MB)

yes you have to put it on your pc, plug in the usb cable and change the connection to "mass storage" then use your pc to find the file on your phone and move it to your pc

I did it on my phone as you said it downloaded fine It says Bionic pathsaver1rar but it says 692.871kb looked like another little zip came on after the main one downloaded is this ok