One Click Root Methods Not Working

schwoates

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global and have tried to use MotorolaOneClickRoot and PetesOneClickRoot neither of them have been able to successfully root my phone. I have Android Version 2.3.4 and System Version 4.5.629.A956. Can somebody please help me root my phone. I would like to have this done tonight. Thanks

CoolAndroid

Reaction score
Try "Super one Click Root" or "Unlock Root" they also one click rooting windows software.

OP
S

schwoates

Reaction score
Ok well I will give those a try but I would prefer a non one click method so that I can physically insure that my phone will be rooted.

OP
S

schwoates

Reaction score
None of those work. I keep getting the same error "adb could not be granted root access via local.php method"

OP
S

schwoates

Reaction score
Of course I have usb debugging enabled. I've gone through all of the appropriate steps, I have the motorola drivers installed, usb debuggin, charge only mode and every single one-click method I have tried has given me the same error.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe .629 is the newest update and may not be rootable at this time. Not 100% on that though.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

fiveball02

Reaction score
There is no root method for 629 yet.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

l337f00l

Reaction score
the two above me are correct there is no root method for .629 also don't try SBF'ing to an older version as you will brick your phone.

silver6054

Reaction score
What an obnoxious move by Moto/VZW :icon_evil:

Yes, but, as others have said, if (for whatever reason) it's thought to be a good idea to block root exploits, it's certainly worth trying to stop people circumventing by returning to earlier versions. However, they don't seem (yet) to have prevented RootKeeper type stuff working, maybe they will get round to that next time.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
sure with a unlocked bootloader

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums