1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

One Click Root For Pro running Gingerbread 2.3.4 or earlier

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by jpcalhoun, Sep 8, 2011.

1. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

Hey guys, there is a article on AndroidCentral about a new way to root Gingerbread. Here is the link to the download and instructions: Pete's Motorola Root Tools
  2. SingingAlcazar

SingingAlcazar New Member

I tried this on my pro running Gingerbread and it worked!

I didn't get the TBH root so I've been lumbering without removing bloatware until now!

Great post. Thanks!
  3. jpcalhoun

Glad it worked for you. I'm kinda surprised other Pro owners who want to root their Pro but don't want to go the THB method haven't tried this method also.
  4. atlasmap

atlasmap New Member

Hi, I just got a pro and really like it (new to android and all this). I rooted the froyo, but not sure how stable GB is for pro. Do i need to root again using the method above if i install GB? I assume so, but being newbie, I'd welcome any advice. thanks!
  5. jpcalhoun

There are a couple of methods to root GB on the Pro. The one mentioned in this post, which seems to work very well and pretty simple. The other method is a two step process and the required purchase of Team Black Hat's app. Both methods are stable. TBH's app is only a few dollars if you decide to go that route. You can find instructions in this forum for the second method...it's a little more involved.
  6. atlasmap

atlasmap New Member

Ah, thanks for the info.
  7. Omgitsjack

Omgitsjack New Member

i only can get bloat freezer working but nothing else when rooted

Sent from my DROID Pro using gingerbread build
  8. vivid22

vivid22 New Member

Hey all! So that method works really well for me, didnt work the first time but the second time it worked like a charm. Every rootable app is able to get root access even after a few restarts - perfect!
    However, here's the issue ... the thing just will not connect to my PC (Win7 x64) after the root. Now I dont know if its a problem with the phone or my Windows since I had just upgraded from a Win 7 32bit to the 64bit version. What happens is very weird.. when I have the newest drivers (5.2.0) installed and I hook up the device with set to Mass Storage, you can see the devices being installed in the taskbar. When having it set to Mass Storage, the MTP Device install fails after a few minutes - it shows in the Device manager as MTP Device under Portable devices with a yellow exclamation mark. The driver that is used is by Windows and even when pointing the driver install to the Moto folder it says the driver is up to date. I can do whatever, reinstall, reboot, reboot phone, reinstall again ... nothing. When having the drivers deinstalled, it attempts to install the Motorola ADB interface which fails after a couple of minutes as well. What is going on here? I have read that the only thing that may work is a factory reset of the phone but that is just such a pain with all the stuff i have frozen in Titanium Backup ... I mean I cant even backup all of my data since I cant hook it up per USB. Is there any way around this???
  9. Omgitsjack

Omgitsjack New Member

search for pete's Motorola root tool on google. the plain rooting method dont work for motorola devices so u need the one i listed to search for.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  10. vivid22

vivid22 New Member

Pete's Root tool was the one I used that caused the problem ...
  11. kapilthio

kapilthio New Member

I used Pete's Motorola Root Tools @ Pete's Motorola Root Tools to root Droid Pro XT610

It did not work on Windows 7. But worked Great on Windows XP.

Make sure you follow all instructions. Major part is USB connection mode should be 'Charging Only' while most root programs ask for 'PC Mode'.
  12. kapilthio

kapilthio New Member

I faced the same problem. Pete's tool does not work for Windows 7. Don't know why.

Use Windows XP if you have.
  13. wildride89

wildride89 New Member

I believe I used petes tools on my computer and it has windows 7

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  14. nawdman

nawdman New Member

I have used it on windows 7, took my computer a while to install and find drivers for my bionic. I always double up when I root or unroot to make sure everything went. Kinda like measure twice cut once

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  15. vivid22

vivid22 New Member

No .. my rooting went just fine, and I used Windows 7 64bit... but I feel it has messed up my drivers to connect it as Mass Storage (as explained above). And I think it may have been due to the rooting ...
  16. jcruckus

jcruckus New Member

other uses for this root tool

hey guys, I've been searching for alternative root methods for devices that have 2.3.4 and came across this from a google search. I would love to try it on one of my devices that it does not pertain to, but I need to know what mods this will do to the device.. such as" installs new rooted kernel" or installs alternate recovery, etc.
    If this just mods the existing 2.3.4 kernel to have root access, that would be GREAT!

just an fyi, the device I am wanting to try this on is a Coby Kyros MID1125 Tablet with 2.3.3 that does not root with Gingerbreak, z4root, nor superoneclickroot, I tried all three. any help would be apreciated.
  17. SilverLad

SilverLad New Member

18. dbeauch

dbeauch New Member

Actually the latest version of SuperOneClick works like a charm on the 1125, but there is an alternative method that works just as good. Just google search "how to root coby kyros 1125" and it's like the first one that comes up.
Search tags for this page
2.3.4 one click root

gingerbread 2.3.4 root

gingerbread root 2.3.4
gingerbreak 2.3.4 download
gingerbreak alternative
gingerbreak for 2.3.4
how to root droid pro 2.3.4

how to root gingerbread 2.3.4

mb632
mb632 root
one click root droid pro