One click root ETA?

mthorn79

Reaction score
Making the transition from a D2 to a TB was not all that hard. I love this phone. Replaced Sense with Launcherpro, and it took a bit, but I managed to finally get this phone up to par. Except for the bloatware and the bevy of root related fun, of course. I've got neither the attentiveness nor technical luck(ADB doesn't like my computer) to do a manual root, so a one click/simplified root is pretty much my only chance, and I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

Seeing as we've already established permroot, anybody care to wager as to when we'll finally be able to do it with ease?

Everyone on here loves ADW Launcher...yeah it was ok for the OG Droid just because it was getting an old UI up-to-date looking. But Sense 2.0 feels alot better than ADW IMO. I dunno how many times I accidentally dragged the bottom home screen buttons & they disappeared in ADW! Hated that. Guess Sense is just personal preference, but to me it's so fluid & looks great that to me you really don't need another piggyback launcer. I dunno how many widgets I downloaded to get my OG Droid to look & feel like Sense...now that I have it I couldn't be happier. Love the pinch to zoom homescreen feature!

digdug1

Reaction score
for some reason when i try to launch adb random lines pop up and then adb disapears!!

RVC

Reaction score
Can you root the TB using a MacBook? I had a hard time rooting my DX with my Mac. I had to use Z4.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

digdug1

Reaction score
lortay78

The files that you unzipping need to be unzipped to the folder where your adb files are located. That is the one included in you environment path. Mine is platform tools so when I fire up adb I change directory to platform tools and then go from there.

cd \android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

Then you can start pushing the files to your device

Make sure adb recognizes your device first before pushing files. Type this command to see if you are set up correctly

adb devices

This will show you device connected

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

i followed the tutorial posted on this site somewhere lol. if i cut my tools in platform dir and moved them to the tools that is where i should put my files in the second link i downloaded right (following jcases tut).
one more thing i fire up adb in the command prompt right?

detox

Reaction score
lortay78

The files that you unzipping need to be unzipped to the folder where your adb files are located. That is the one included in you environment path. Mine is platform tools so when I fire up adb I change directory to platform tools and then go from there.

cd \android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

Then you can start pushing the files to your device

Make sure adb recognizes your device first before pushing files. Type this command to see if you are set up correctly

adb devices

This will show you device connected

i followed the tutorial posted on this site somewhere lol. if i cut my tools in platform dir and moved them to the tools that is where i should put my files in the second link i downloaded right (following jcases tut).
one more thing i fire up adb in the command prompt right?

Yes if that is where your adb files are that's where you will extract your files to

digdug1

Reaction score
one probably stupid question, which is the sowngrade ruu? the first one?

digdug1

Reaction score
ok so i renamed my downgrade file put on my sd card and when i try to flash it says file not found

J5684

Reaction score
if you renamed the downgrade flash PG05IMG.zip and placed it in the top level then when you tell ADB to reboot to bootloader it find it and will load it.. takes a few mins... it should ask you do you want to update. Volume up for yes... Make sure after you tell ADB to reboot, highlight bootloader and hit the power button to choose it

Last edited: