One button touch rooting/ easy root

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I first got in to rooting because of sholesmodupdater app (now droidmodupdater); so it would be hypocritical of me to tell any one to not use any of them. But what I did was read up on guides so when I did root using that method I could at least undo using the regular method.
If you just use a simple one click root app with out doing any research to what is going on you are putting yourself at risk of having issues. Rooting and installing roms has actually gotten easier, instead of a bunch of adb commands we just have to move files and rename them.
I personally am not a computer programmer and could not program a computer if my life depended on it. I am just an average user who wanted to find ways to take all the guides and processes in the past and turn them into guides that the avg user like myself could understand. That is why I have and always look for videos. I feel more comfortable when I see someone else do the steps, and I just pause the video until my device catches up with their device.
So I understand the concern people have with rooting, but this group is here to provide the help that we can. And the #1 thing you should do is make sure you have the time to do the entire process. I normally recommend rooting when you are off, next to your computer sipping on some pops. Be relaxed and organized, make sure you have all your files and every thing set up and ready to go. Also make sure you have a contingency plan in case things go south. An example is if you install a 1200 overclock kernel, well have an 1100 overclock kernel, or a 1200 with a different voltage, ready to go just in case you bootloop.
If you take your time and get everything together, you will realize that you probably do not need the one button apps, that the process is as simple as can be.

Please familiarize yourself with this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Nice. And the other thread is pretty nice as well. If I might point out something that huskr said in another thread here that made the light go on for me and easyroot.

Do the steps in easyroot in ORDER. I.e. after rooting, install busybox BEFORE moving on to rom manager.

good luck

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please Read..

If you just use a simple one click root app with out doing any research to what is going on you are putting yourself at risk of having issues.

agreed. Might I add that Ive been seeing A LOT of problems with using 1-click methods. they either cause an issue when trying to unroot or losing root when trying to apply a ROM or something related.

One click issues are easy; yes. but you have learned nothing in the process (assuming they do work with the new froyo updates). If a problem does occur, you will be none the wiser to what may be actually causing the problem when you use one click apps. I have learned all of what i know about rooting by just reading and trying things out on my phone. So you can spend the time now by reading the guides (i have many helpful links in my signature) now, or spend the time getting other members like myself, the rest of the Rescue Squad, or members who know what they were doing to help you out when something goes wrong with your phone.

One more thing: MAKE BACKUPS IN RECOVERY! - this will save you (and us) a lot of despair when something goes amiss. i even suggest is taking a backup you know is working properly and put it on your computer in case anything ever happens to your sd card.