one button root

djkms

Reaction score
thanks for the headsup on the irc channel, i will visit it after work if i dont have any success by then.

so I keep trying to run the program and it errors out on me at various steps. I even got to the point of it saying waiting for system to settle. According to the help file this is a issue with htc sync - which i have removed. Now I am back to square one with the loss of communication with the device.

I am determined though, try try and try again!

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks for the headsup on the irc channel, i will visit it after work if i dont have any success by then.

so I keep trying to run the program and it errors out on me at various steps. I even got to the point of it saying waiting for system to settle. According to the help file this is a issue with htc sync - which i have removed. Now I am back to square one with the loss of communication with the device.

I am determined though, try try and try again!
I have heard of issues with communication to the device with win 7. I had issues with and thought it was just me so i used my linux box. but I know they were working on the win 7 issue. So if on 7 check out the irc and see if they have updatetd it. Good luck

djkms

Reaction score
It appears to be a issue among multiple OS's then as I am on Win XP. On the first reboot the phone does it instantly. On the second reboot however it is taking a bit of time and I think maybe the program is timing out, not sure..

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It appears to be a issue among multiple OS's then as I am on Win XP. On the first reboot the phone does it instantly. On the second reboot however it is taking a bit of time and I think maybe the program is timing out, not sure..
You are correct. I just checked with one of the devs. It is being worked on.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
i used it and it worked great only took a min or two

+1 couldn't get the other root method to work for the life of me.. tried this and worked so fast I didn't think it did. Rebooted phone and bam it was rooted... unbelievable. thanks to devs!! dancedroid

Now you can play with one of these :D
8939d1274802669-finally-figured-out-how-change-unlock-icons-r1.png

meh8036

Reaction score
is the site down or am i missing something? i go to the site and click on the incredible with my phone plugged into my computer and nothing happens :(

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there is a program to download. after clicking on the incredible, click the link that is biggest on the screen. it will read what OS you are on. DL it and go from there. if you are on windows don't forget to install the drivers.

aquaphoenix

Reaction score
Rooted & tethered in less than five minutes!! Thanks guys, this rocks! :yr1:

You guys help our phones to REALLY be mobile! Sharing your technical knowledge in the spirit of electron-brotherhood is awesome! As I was rooting my phone and tethering my laptop, I could almost hear the echoing battle cry of "FRRRRRRRRREEEEEEDOM!!"

I made donation at Electronic Frontier Foundation | Defending Freedom in the Digital World and android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code because I believe in supporting our right to make it legally possible for people like the unrEVOked Team (and us) to reverse engineer and run code on products that we own.

cromo8

Reaction score
when i click on the link the increible isnt even on there, only evo, desire, hero and aria

Vengenz

Reaction score
edit: got it detected but now it's stuck on "pushing flasher..."

edit again: now its stuck on waiting 3 more seconds

Last edited:

tonynalli

Reaction score
okay so i had the root successful and everything. but my wifi tether isnt working. ive tried several different methods . and re-did this process. ive also tried a different wifi tether program. both say i have a good full connection but when i try to go to a web sit it brings me to a connection not found.

any ideas?