One BIG tax evasion going on in Cupertino - and it's LEGAL!

R

RETG

And I note the article also says Google is taking advantage of our tax codes; maybe not in such a large proportion; but just wait!

However, as much as I dislike Apple's constant lawsuits, I sure cannot blame them for taking advantage of our ludicrous Federal tax laws. As for state taxes; heck I'm surprised any company like Applie has remained in that state.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Businesses are out to make money, and change their model/process in ways that will enable them to make more of it each year. That's how businesses grow, strive, and continue serving their customers. I can't blame them for finding ways around the choke-hold the government puts on the private industry. I may not be a fan of Apple's mobile products or the way they conduct themselves in foreign nations, but you can't deny they know how to make money.

Caesars

Reaction score
The govt would just Waste the money anyway, The US govt is a complete joke ATM. As far as I am concerned they waste trillions a year and have no accountability, now if I could just figure out a way to get a few hundred million taxpayers to do this.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Welcome to April 2012's news story. :p

I agree it is older news but I found no reference to it on our forum. Please accept my apology for tardiness but I felt it was noteworthy and although late, timely given all the recent litigation regarding Apple getting attention.

Last edited:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I am not an Apple fanboi, I am an all Android guy, but Apple began the revolution to the world as we know it. (Google made it better) Lets see... The iPhone was the light bulb of our generation. Apple did that with THEIR money. What does the government do with Apple's money. The post office? PLEASE!?!?!

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey, I'm not saying I agree or disagree, this was open to interpretation. It does raise the issue of how we thwart business development here in this country and how our laws favor taking jobs and investment elsewhere to increase profitability. But Apple is no stranger to this, and neither are countless other major manufacturers.

With changes to our tax code, the company could still earn comparable profits and yes, keep jobs here which would strengthen our economy rather than others', increase the GDP, and increase tax base from individuals and supporting industries, ultimately potentially offsetting the tax breaks needed to effect the change, and possibly an even greater net effect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.