One App I would love - IMDB

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Using this app on my iPod Touch today, I was thinking how great it would be for it come here to Google.

It seems a company like this would design an app. Even Rotten Tomatoes. The more free exposure the better for them. Unlike a company like CNN or ESPN which will be many many months before we see anything from the,....

But back on topic, the iPhone IMDB app is very nice!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh I know what you're talking about now, I've been to that site on the computer....

But the app called Movies....made by Flixster Inc. is absolutely AWESOME!!! I think Flixster was on the iPhone too and it's just as good and handy on Android....I HIGHLY recommend that app to anyone

bastosero

Reaction score
I just bookmarked IMDB on my browser. I do wish that IMDB made an app so we can watch the videos there until Flash comes along.

iagal

Reaction score
Very new to this whole smart phone thing, so thank you for your patience in advance. :)

I came to the boards looking for an answer as to why I can't watch videos on IMDB, NBC.com and other places and am wondering if it is a flash issue and if so if there is any word on when we might be able to have this capability? Also, on nbc.com it's odd that I can watch some shows but yet others won't load for me (ie: Days of our Lives).

Any feedback/help would be great. Didn't mean to hijack this thread... just thought I saw a possible answer in the post just above this mentioning it's a "flash thing."

Thanks!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very new to this whole smart phone thing, so thank you for your patience in advance. :)

I came to the boards looking for an answer as to why I can't watch videos on IMDB, NBC.com and other places and am wondering if it is a flash issue and if so if there is any word on when we might be able to have this capability? Also, on nbc.com it's odd that I can watch some shows but yet others won't load for me (ie: Days of our Lives).

Any feedback/help would be great. Didn't mean to hijack this thread... just thought I saw a possible answer in the post just above this mentioning it's a "flash thing."

Thanks!

Can't comment specifically on the sites you're trying to access, but likely it is a "flash thing." Rumor has it that Flash will be available on the android platform sometime around mid-year.

brando56894

Reaction score
I agree, I use IMDB a lot and would love to have an app for it since their website is slightly painful to navigate with a touchscreen (too many things to accidentally click on while scrolling to the search box).

Riddick

Reaction score

Thanks!

Go to the marketplace and search for an app called tv.com

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree, I use IMDB a lot and would love to have an app for it since their website is slightly painful to navigate with a touchscreen (too many things to accidentally click on while scrolling to the search box).

You might try the Opera browser for the imdb site. It appears to avoid some of those problems.

brando56894

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, I was using dolphin before and just switched to xScope so Im going to try that out for a little while.

iagal

Reaction score

Thanks!

Go to the marketplace and search for an app called tv.com

I have that app but it does not carry NBC shows (ie: Days of our Lives) and only offers partial clips and very few full episides.

Thanks for the info regarding the Flash and I'll just be patient and wait. :)

currahee474

Reaction score
IMDB is working on the app for Android. (My aunt works for IMDB in customer service)

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Funny someone would mention this. Browsing IMDB is one of my nerd hobbies during downtime at work. If I watch a movie the night before, I like to go and read the various trivia. It's an awesome site but I can't see the justification in an app when smart phones these days have such incredible browsers. I normally only visit the site when on a computer anyway because I tend to cross-reference names of people I don't recognize, which equates to a couple IMDB windows, a couple Google windows, and possibly a Youtube window. I do have it bookmarked on the phone's browser though.