Once ROM installed on Droid it wouldn't connect to google

jpennin

Reaction score
Ok so here's my problem...I installed a ROM called Frozen Yogurt and everything was going well. It installed fine, rebooted, and took me to the "connect with google" page. The one that gives you the option to create an account or sign in...I entered my e-mail like 4 times and all 4 times it said "could not connect with google! May be a temporary problem or if problem continues contact customer service." I ended up just rebooting in recovery and using nandroid back up. Is this a problem with the ROM or my phone?

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
First question: did u wipe data and cache prior to installing lfy?
Second: did u install the base rom lfy first or did u try to install a flavor first?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
J

jpennin

Reaction score
I have no clue what a "flavor" is. I think it was the ROM though because now I'm running "Bugless Beast". I like it but I think I want to try "Ultimate Droid". Have you used "Ultimate Droid" before? Another question...when switching ROMs do I have to perform a recovery? I want to shop around for different ones until I find the one I like. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Flavors are what LFY refers to as his themes.
I have used UD before. I prefer bugless but I switch ROMs daily sometimes. CyanogenMod is my new choice. :)
Anyways, what do you mean by perform a recovery? You should always backup then wipe data and cache prior to installing a new ROM

OP
J

jpennin

Reaction score
Oh thanks for explaining "flavor". By recovery I mean do I have to go back to my original backup before installing a rom. Or does ROM manager do all that for me?