Once again, I can't find the help I need.

White Sox David

Reaction score
I have bookmarks in the "bookmarks" that I don't want! Someone told me to hold down the bookmark and a menu will appear that would allow me to delete what I don't want.

It didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

jack902902

Reaction score
When in bookmarks, press and hold on the bookmark you wish to remove. The options menu will come up asking you what you want to do...
Some where at the bottom of options, "Delete bookmark" will be available to select.

OP
W

White Sox David

Reaction score
Can't remove unwanted bookmarks.

Thanks, but it just isn't working! When I depress the bookmark I don't want, I get a message at the bottom "remove." Well, I don't get any type of menu, and the thing thinks I want the whole bookmark page removed! It asks me to drag item to rearrage or remove. Uhhgg! I know this has to be simple, but any advice I've been given just won't work!

wyld

Reaction score
I long press on mine it pops up with a scrolling window delete bookmark is second to the bottom. Or you could try clearing all data in web settings?

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

Snow02

Reaction score
Which bookmarks? I think there are bookmarks on some stock roms that you can't remove in the normal fashion.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
sorry ur having issues but are u on ur web? im doing the same as everyone else and I can delete the bookmark.

Droid 2 Global / Xoom... Aloha from Hawaii

OP
W

White Sox David

Reaction score
Hoo boy! I'm beginning to feel stupid. No I'm not on the web (should I be?) I tried yesterday with no luck. In a previous message I was told to clean up my data in web settings (which I have no idea how to get to, I just can't find anything that helps).

Oh, and to answer Snow 02, the sites I don't need now are from the winter sports season (Bulls, Blackhawks) and some sites I was checking out (not needed anymore).

Could it be that I have other "scenes" that are conflicting. I only use one scene really, the others were when I got this thing and was gleefully playing with my new toy.

At least you fine folks are trying to help, as the Verizon store guys really don't know what to do either!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
hmm if ur on the web browser on ur phone, my default page is Google (not that it matters) but after u click the browser u should be able to press the menu button and the" bookmarks" show up along with New Window, Window, Refresh etc yes? click on Bookmark and scroll to that bookmark u saved. long press and there should be about 7 diff pop ups to choose. and none of those says 'delete bookmark"? hmmm

Droid 2 Global / Xoom... Aloha from Hawaii

Snow02

Reaction score
Where are you looking? Open the browser, press the menu button, then bookmarks. Long press the ones you want to remove.

Maybe you're talking about the homescreen? Where you can long press a shortcut, then when the "remove" pops up you can drag a shortcut there to remove it from the screen.