On screen keyboard keys

anewday

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable showing the key you just pressed? I don't know why the designed it this way, the key is already highlighted once it's pressed.

cuskit

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable showing the key you just pressed? I don't know why the designed it this way, the key is already highlighted once it's pressed.
Actually, I like it this way. My king kong fingers cover the key anyway, so it's helpful for me to see just which key I'm hitting. Especially when typing in a password - saves me the trouble incurred by a typo.. :) cuskit

OP
A

anewday

Reaction score
Yes but this makes it easier for others to see what you typed.

cuskit

Reaction score

Turn the screen away from said people, or place your body between them and your screen. ;)
Or carry a bigger gun...

Or you can always type something like this:
"some jerk is trying to see what I'm messaging you. My therapist is not going to like this, but in two seconds I'm gonna rip his fxxxxg heart out and stuff it down his gxxxxxxm mouth - I hope these new pills start to work soon - I've been having more anger issues lately and I'm worried they are gonna find me soon and lock me back in isolation again - I just don't understand - it's not like I kill people - cutting their faces off shouldn't be a reason to say I'm insane! Uh - oh - he's leaning closer to see more - hold on, I've got to get my knife out of my boot - be back in a second"

That just might do the trick... :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: mikey

nerdbox08

Reaction score

Turn the screen away from said people, or place your body between them and your screen. ;)
Or carry a bigger gun...

Or you can always type something like this:
"some jerk is trying to see what I'm messaging you. My therapist is not going to like this, but in two seconds I'm gonna rip his fxxxxg heart out and stuff it down his gxxxxxxm mouth - I hope these new pills start to work soon - I've been having more anger issues lately and I'm worried they are gonna find me soon and lock me back in isolation again - I just don't understand - it's not like I kill people - cutting their faces off shouldn't be a reason to say I'm insane! Uh - oh - he's leaning closer to see more - hold on, I've got to get my knife out of my boot - be back in a second"

That just might do the trick... :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: mikey

I think I just peed myself a little LOLing at this.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Yes, goto settings, security, then uncheck visible passwords.

cuskit

Reaction score

Yes, goto settings, security, then uncheck visible passwords.
No - that's not it. I think he may have been referring to any typing (messaging, email, posting, etc). Perhaps?

Either way - visible passwords (checkmark) does not stop the letters from popping up as you type. It just hides the last letter typed on your screen (turns to an asterisk as you type each new letter). It doesn't effect the pop-up letters. mike

Last edited: