On or off while charging?

dajamcnu

Reaction score
Does it matter whether the phone is on or powered off while charging? I assume it's better to power off, but does it screw anything up to keep it on? I'm trying to squeeze every little bit I can out of the battery because its life is so bad.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
You get a better charge off but I charge mine all the time because it is my alarm.

Chris

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't make a difference. On the old Motorola Droid you couldn't shut it off if you were charging it would boot up. It's up to you.

captain howdy

Reaction score
Personally I use the program android booster of the market and turn off the 3g gprs while not on the net. I still get txt and calls. My battery is only suppose to last 13 hrs. The longest I have gone with out charging is 2 days 23 hrs

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
charging on you get less of a charge.

when I charge it off, my battery seems to get more energy than normal. It also charges faster off, but I usually leave it on as it's my alarm.

jdshort2010

Reaction score
charging on you get less of a charge.

when I charge it off, my battery seems to get more energy than normal. It also charges faster off, but I usually leave it on as it's my alarm.

I agree. I get a much BETTER charge when its off. But like most people I use my phone for my alarm. I assume you would get a better charge when its off that way your phone isnt trying to use energy by syncing, etc.

OP
D

dajamcnu

Reaction score
Thanks. I generally prefer to power off before charging, but I like to wait until it's below 20% full to charge, and sometimes that's not until the morning or afternoon and I don't like to have my phone off that long during the day. At night it's no big deal- I usually don't use it as an alarm unless I'm traveling.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks. I generally prefer to power off before charging, but I like to wait until it's below 20% full to charge, and sometimes that's not until the morning or afternoon and I don't like to have my phone off that long during the day. At night it's no big deal- I usually don't use it as an alarm unless I'm traveling.

then just keep up what you're doing, there really is no wrong way to charge it...at least any wrong way i can think of right now, lol

I leave mine on regardless if i need an alarm or not, gotta have my line open 24/7 just in case.