on/off button

asmallchild

Reaction score
this is going to sound incredibly stupid but it's my 1st day, i'm trying to rid myself off all dumb questions nice and early :)

is the top button the only way to wake the droid back up?

again, i'll use my old phone as an example, I used to keep it in a pouch that had a sleep magnet. And once I pulled it out, the phone would snap to life.

On the rare occasion I didn't use a pouch, I'd keep it in my pants pocket and a simple click of the screen would bring the storm back to life

thus far i've been using the top button on my droid and i want to make sure this is the right way of snapping the droid out of the dark screen (I'm going to increase the time for dimming too as 1 minute isn't long enough for someone as slow as I am :p)

Sleeve

Reaction score
You can slide the keyboard open and close it, but that's pretty clunky. The power button is the way. When you receive a call, the screen will be on and waiting for your decision to take the call or send it to voicemail. No need to do a Sri Lankan rain dance to answer a call.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can slide the keyboard open and close it, but that's pretty clunky. The power button is the way. When you receive a call, the screen will be on and waiting for your decision to take the call or send it to voicemail. No need to do a Sri Lankan rain dance to answer a call.

Actually I contemplated doing that on a regular basis. However eventually I got to know where the button was so I canned that idea. It would be about the only thing I would have used the keyboard for.

Jason

Reaction score
The magnets in the pouch could wake it up and put it either Car or multimedia mode so I would try to switch the pouch

OP
asmallchild

asmallchild

Reaction score
The magnets in the pouch could wake it up and put it either Car or multimedia mode so I would try to switch the pouch

oh definitely, i'm going nekkid right now with it :)

thanks to all the above for the help! just wanted to make sure i wasn't wearing out my phone by mashing the same button over and over ;)