On/off button broken

Johnw

Reaction score
The on/off button stays in depressed position. Any idea how I can turn on the phone? My replacement won't arrive for another 2 days...

I've tried prying the button, hitting the phone lightly to try to get it to pop back out, pushing the button down even harder and nothing works...

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid 1 did this (no case, too many drops). When the phone was on, it works ok (except no holds power button for off/airplane mode/etc), but after it gets turned off I am out of luck. The only way I figured out that it can be turned on is by plugging it in to charge. This may help you, I hope it does.

I used this as an excuse to upgrade to a 4G phone (Thunderbolt) without feeling guilty over the cost;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bassmankc

Reaction score
Have you tried taking the battery cover off? You should have pretty much full access to the power button from there
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
J

Johnw

Reaction score
Have you tried taking the battery cover off? You should have pretty much full access to the power button from there

Yup. tried that. no luck.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

Yup. tried that. no luck.

When you get your replacement, I recommend a seidio case from seidioonline preferably the case that comes with the rugged skin. This skin made out of rubber has protrusions for each button that allows them to be depressed perfectly. If it wasn't for the case I'd probably be in the same boat as you.

Best of luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums